Traffic.

|2 years later.|

"Momma!" Lilly screams from her room and I sigh, standing up from the couch. I walk through the house and into Lilly's room. She's sitting up in bed and clutching the teddy bear Harry got her last month.

"What's up baby?" I ask my toddler and sit on her tiny bed and pull her into my lap, giving her lightly.

"Where's Daddy?" Lilly's voice is small and her speech is un-clear. Typical for a two year old.

I try to find the right words for her but I can't find them. What am I supposed to say? 'Oh, Lilly, your father doesn't care enough to come to your birthday party'?

Instead of trying to find an excuse for her I just go to her closet and pull her suitcase out. I take all of the clothes off of her hangers and stuff them inside. I get a trashbag from the kitchen and the rest of her clothes inside. I go to my room, doing the same with my belongings. I haul all of it outside and put it in my car, the rain soaking my clothes. Once almost everything of Lilly's is packed and in my car I put some of my favorite things in a bag.

You'd think I'd take the necklace Harry bought me on the day Lilly was born. Or the sketchpad he got me for my 20th birthday. You'd think I'd take all of the lovely things that Harry has gotten me throughout the past three years.

But I don't.

I leave it, stacked in a little pile in the closet.

I leave the ring on though. I can't take it off. The day he asked me to marry him was the greatest day of my life, besides Lilly being born. He sat me down on the anniversary of the first time he sang me a song, and sang it. Harry sang me Illusion and then got on one knee, and asked me to marry him.

I wouldn't have said yes if I knew that this was the way it was going to turn out.

Harry comes home 45 minutes after I finished packing. Lilly finally fell asleep and is in her room. I, on the other hand, and sitting on the couch, waiting for him when he finally walks in.

"Hey babe." Harry smiles but I just look at the floor. "What's wrong?"

"You're kidding me right?" I laugh and stand up, walking over to him. "Harry, do you know what today is?"

"It's Lilly's second birthday." He says and I just stare at him. "Fuck... her party was today wasn't it? Ariana, I'm so sorry. I was stuck at school all day."

Same old shit, different day.

Always the same excuse.

"And you didn't think to call me and say 'Oh, hey, I'm sorry but I'm stuck at school. I'll be home when I can, but I'm going to miss Lilly's party.'? Harry you promised me that you would be back in time." I whisper the end and he runs his hands through his hair.

"Ariana I was going to call but I had an exam and I didn't wanna call on the road." Harry puts his hands on my shoulders and looks into my eyes. "I'm so sorry. I'll make it up to her."

"Just like how you were going to make up my birthday, last Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve?" I laugh at him and walk towards Lilly's room.

"What are you doing?" Harry asks and runs over to me, grabbing my arm.

"I'm taking my daughter and we're leaving."

At that moment I saw every part of Harry's wall break, and tears instantly form. For a split second I wonder if I'm making a mistake, but I shake it off.

"Lilly deserves someone who will actually be there to watch her grow up. I want her to either remember you being there for her through everytime or not at all." I say and he backs against the wall.