Look me in the eyes.

"I used to be so excited for Christmas." I say and look at down at cup of hot chocolate in my lap. Louis is sitting with me on our front porch, watching the sunrise on Christmas morning. My aunt is over with her children, so as soon as the sun is up the kids are waking up and opening presents from 'Santa.'

"Why aren't you anymore?" Louis says and lights his cigarette. He turned 19 yesterday and he's living it up. Which I don't understand since he's still not at legal drinking age, but whatever.

"I don't know, really. Remember when we were kids? We would stay up until 5 in the morning waiting for Santa, and we counted down the days forever. Now we stay up until 5 partying and sleep off hangovers. Christmas cookies got replaced by cigarettes and milk, booze." I brush my hair out of my face and look at him, seeing him giving me a weird look.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I laugh, shaking my head.

"I really need a drink." I say and he laughs, telling me he'll get me something soon.

"The kids are up, its time to open gifts." My aunt pokes her head out my front door and Louis and I both get up, walking inside. We slip off our coats and sit by the tree, and my four year old cousin climbs into my lap.

"Hey, Ronan. You excited to see what Santa brought you?" I cheer and he nods, clasping his hands together. I smile and look for a present with his name on it. I hand it to him and motion for his mom so she can take pictures. "This one is from Mommy." I tell him and he nods, tearing open the paper.

Inside there's a spiderman puzzle and he gasps, his face lighting up as he looks from the box to his mom. "I love it!" He yells and charges at her, giving her the biggest hug.

The rest of the gift exchange goes quickly, most of the presents going to the kids. My aunt got me a 50 dollar gift card to American Apparel and my parents added 100 dollars to my debit card.

Right now I'm laying in bed with my laptop, shopping online since I have money. My phone rings, scaring me, but I shake it off.

"Hello?" I answer, sitting up when the person responds.

"Gemma Styles is coming to town, Gemma Styles is coming to town." Gemma sings and I laugh, closing my laptop.

"Is she coming or is she already in town?" I ask and walk downstairs.

"Make your driveway an option and then I'll answer." She giggles and I peek out my front window, sure enough seeing her car in my driveway.

"Just come on in, I was getting ready to make some food." I hang up and pull a box of spaghetti noodles out of my cupboard. I pull out a jar of sauce and put it in a pot while I boil the pasta.

Gemma walks inside and I put the jar on the counter and run over to her, hugging her tightly, squealing. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you, too. How have things been going?"

"They were terrible, you know after Harry left. But I'm happy again, and things are great." I smile at her and get ground beef out of the fridge, then put it in a skillet.

"Well good, you look happy. Did things with your friends get better?" Gemma asks and sits down, rubbing her hands together.

"Yeah. Everyone's had to kind of step up and help take care of me lately, and we're all a lot closer. I was scary bad after he left, and couldn't handle it by myself. Even Zayn is starting to be a better person. He invited Harry and I to a party."

The food finishes rather quickly and I dish it out on two plates. We talk throughout the meal, and by the time she's halfway done I'm already on my second plate.