Illusions and thinking about it.

"Hazel Grace, wake up." A voice says as my body gets shaken lightly. I groan and rub my eyes before opening them, seeing Harry crouching down next to me by the couch. "Hey, sleepy head."

"How long was I out?" I ask, sitting up and stretching all of my limbs.

"About six hours. My mum saved you some chili." He smiles and I smile back.

"Was I really out for that long? I guess it makes sense though, I got like zero sleep last night." I rub my forehead and lean back on the couch, looking at the ceiling.

"Do you wanna talk about what was keeping you up?" Harry asks as he gets off the floor and sits next to me.

"I just can't believe Zayn would do such a thing. He was always an amazing boyfriend and never even yelled at me! Let alone hit me. It just hurts me that he would do this to me." I shrug and feel my eyes water, but quickly blink them away. "So you said something about chili?"

"Yeah, I'll heat it up for you. But it's 11 o'clock, so I was wondering if you want me to take you home or if you wanna just crash here."

"Can I just stay here? My parents are seriously siding with Zayn and I can't deal with them right now." I sigh and he nods before excusing himself. In the reflection of the television screen I can see him in the kitchen, getting a pot and a bowl. He gets chili from the fridge and puts it in the pot, then walks upstairs. A few minutes later Harry comes back down and hands me a pair of pajama shorts, a tank top, and a new toothbrush.

"I had to ask Gemma for pajamas." He smiles and goes back into the kitchen, and puts the chili in a black bowl. I get up and walk into the kitchen, taking a seat at a bar stool at the island. Harry slides the bowl to me and leans against the counter.

"I'm still tired." I whine and shovel a spoonful of chili into my mouth.

"When you're done I'll show you the guest room." Harry says and turns to the fridge. He pulls out two bottles of water and gives me one after he opens it.

I quickly finish the food and water, then follow Harry upstairs and down the wall. He opens up a door and I'm greeted with a king sized bed with fluffy white pillows and a matching duvet. There's a dresser on one side and a desk on the other, both stained a dark brown.

"There's a bathroom right across the hall and if you need anything I'm on the left of it and Gemma's on the right." He hugs me before leaving me alone, and I change into my pajamas once the door is closed. When I go into the bathroom I wash my face with some soap Gemma lent me, and I brush my teeth. I walk back across the hall and close the door, then plug my phone in next to the bed. I send my parents a text saying I'm staying at Harry's then turn my phone off, not bothering to look at the drunk texts I'm getting from friends.

The light gets turned off and I snuggle under the cover, in desperate need of something I can't quite put my finger on

|2 A.M|

Zayn screams profanity at me as he pushes me around a dirty living room. We both look 10 years older, and Zayn's smoking has taken a toll on his voice.

"Zayn, just stop it! I'm tired of this!" I yell and he stands still, staring at me.

With zero emotion on his face he pulls out a knife, and plunges it in my stomach. Pain rips through me as I let out a bloodcurdling scream.

"Ariana!" Harry's voice yells, and my vision gets blurry.

"Ariana! Wake up!" With the my eyes shoot open and my body jolts up, desperately searching for Harry in the dark.

My heart is pounding and I can feel the sweat on my body, and it's making me sick.

I feel a hand touch my shoulder and I jerk away until I realize it was Harry, and then I pull his body into mine. "It felt so real."