Chapter 2: Complications

The next day

Makarov could not stand the fact that one of his students were up against each other. So, he made a plan. He called Lucy's teacher and gave him a sheet of paper. Makarov whispered to himself in an evil voice, "That should do it."

Before coming to school, Lucy did not want to go back. Layla went to Lucy's room and said softly, "You're going to be late." Lucy turned over slowly and stared at her mom.

Then she spoke very softly,"I'm not going. Nothing's going to make me go."

Layla was stunned. Yesterday, Lucy was excited to go to school; now, she was as dreary as a black and white sheet of paper.

She then spoke up with a calm, sweet voice and asked,"Lucy, why don't you want to go to school?" Suddenly, Lucy quickly got up and her blankets flew through the air.

"That jerk face Natsu is why I'm not going!"

Layla looked at her daughter's pouted face.

She giggled softly," Looks like you made a friend."

"Mom, did you not hear me? He's a jerk face!"

Layla nodded and picked up Lucy.

"Now, lets go get you ready so you can see jerk face," Layla said happily. Lucy tried to get out of her mother's arms, but it was no use. She could just hope for the best.

Lucy's mom made sure to get her to school on time. That made Lucy angry. She did not want to be there or anywhere but her bed.

Lucy walked into the school and walked to her classroom. She then looked at the door and made a face; turning the door handle slowly, she silently walked in and sat all the way at the back of the room. The bell rung 10 minutes later and the teacher came in.

"Today, we are going to have assigned seats. I have already made the hand out."

Everyone awed and started to complain. The teacher spoke and said, "First row, Levy McGarden, Lucy Heartfilia, Natsu dragneel, and Gray Fullbuster. Second row..."

When Lucy heard her name called to be at the front row, she felt her heart stop. Then, when she heard the was going to be put next Natsu Dragneel, her blood went cold. She turned to stone. But it looked like Natsu had his own problems, he was sat next to Gray.

Every second during class, there was a fight between Natsu and Gray for the silliest things. Lucy sighed and couldn't believe she had to sit next to them for a whole year.

My life sucks and I'm only 9...