29

Billie

I let out small pants as Selena's head peek out from the covers.

"Oh, you're good." I smile at her. "Yeah?," She bites her pip, "I could go again."

She sneaks her hand down my body, but I quickly stop her. "I'm fine for now." I whisper.

She nods, placing a kiss on my lips and laying her head in my chest. "You being a softie, already?" I tease.

"Fuck off." She laughs. After a while of silence, she snaps up. "What is it?"

"You didn't hear that?"

"No, babe, there's nothing to worry about, it's just me here."

"From outside, I heard something, didn't you?"

"There's nothing, Selena."

"But-"

"Hey! Look at me, I love you, but you're acting like a complete idiot right now." I whisper.

"Call it a gut feeling, I just feel like there's someone here." Selena replied.

"Baby, there's no one following or watching us. Why is it so hard for you to finally except that your life's fine now?"

"My life's never fine." She sighs. I let out another sigh and she places her head in my chest again

"You're okay babe. There's no one watching us." I smile down at her, leaning down to kiss her softly.

The front door opens, "Get out." Selena groans immediately. "It's your mom, bubs."

"Yeah, it sure is, there's a situation." Andrea said. "What is it, mom?"

"I thought I'd be nice enough to do your laundry and I think you need to start talking about the tons of bloody clothes in the basket. Explain."

"Uh, I had my period?"

"Selena, don't play."
-
"Is she still upset?" I ask when Selena walks back into the living room. "No, luckily."

"I told you not to do it-"

"Billie, I'm not stopping, so don't even mention it."

"You're gonna regret it if you don't stop now, I know you hate it to hear it, but it's the truth."

"I hear you and... I'm gonna ignore you too." She smiles.

"Whatever, when are you going to teach me some Italian?" I ask.

"The second you learn that dinner isn't beans on a tortilla." She glances at me.

I roll my eyes, relaxing back into the couch, before telling her I was hungry.

"What do you want to eat?" She asks me. "A burger." I tell her and she stops to look at me with a questionably look.

"What's a burger?"

"Bubby, a burger?"

"I've never heard of that, a burber?"

"Burger, with a 'g'."

"That's a weird word." Selena muttered. "You've never heard of a burger?"

"Is it an American food?" She asked me, I nod and she lets out a sigh. "Did you forget that I'm not American?"

"Don't they have burgers here in Italy?"

"What the hell is a burger?"

"It's like a sandwich but with cooked meat in it."

"You're vegan, what are you eating meat for?"

"They have vegan burgers."

"My love, I don't think they have burgers here." Selena told me. "It's burger! With a 'g'.  Burger."

"That's a dumb word."
_

"I had no idea they have burgers here." Selena looked at me, puzzled.

I laugh lightly, running my fingers through my hair. "You're finally saying it right." I tease her.

"They really do have it here, I'm surprised."

"I must know this place better than you."

She nods and glances over, "Yeah, you do, baby,"

"Even though you've been here for only a few months."

"Shut up," I hit her lightly. "Someone's calling you." I tell her.

She reaches over to silence the phone and turns back to me, "Not gonna pick it up?"

"No, I'm spending time with my girlfriend right now, that can wait."

I smile softly at her words, I am so in love with this woman that it's scary.

"I scare you?" She asks. "Shit, I said that out loud, didn't I?" I snort.

"You sure did." She nods, her phone rings again, but she does the same as before.

It rings once again, "Babe, just pick it up, it's not a big deal."

She excuses herself and answers the call. "What? I'm busy right now."

I can't hear what's being said, but she lets out a laugh, "You're joking. Listen to this." She passes the phone to me.

"What?" I ask.

"June's dead." It was Ari's voice, it sounded like she was crying. "Are you serious?"

"Someone started shooting inside the house, no one got hurt or at least, that's what we thought, but June."

"That's a funny joke, put her on the phone."

"Selena, you know I wouldn't joke about this, just- just come home."

"Uh okay?" I stutter. "I'm not going home over a joke."

"That doesn't sound like a joke, Selena." I tell her.

"It is, I'm not wasting my breath."

"We're going." After a while, I finally convince her to get in the car and drive back home.

"Are you okay?" I ask her. "Best I've ever been, I just don't understand why we have to go back though."

"Fuck, my stomach hurts."

"You gotta shit?" She laughs at me. "No, I'm just nervous."

"Why? There's nothing wrong with Junie, just talked to her before I left."

When we get back home, it hits me. Selena's grin fades also and I'm sure it hit her too.

She gets out of the car quickly and pushes the front door open. "Where is she?"

"We're sorry."

"You're kidding, no. Where the fuck is she, Ariana!?"

"She's gone, Selena. You don't want to see her."

"It's my kid, what are you talking about?"

"You got a note." Ariana sniffles, handing to Selena. "What the fuck is this? I don't care about th-"

"Just read it."

Selena looked at the notes which wrote the words, "so sad that your precious junie had the fate as your beloved isabella - matteo"

"It's your dad, he escaped his prison last night."

A/n: I've finally did an update after like three months...