22

Billie POV

"Are you going to eat it?" Ariana asks me. I look at her before looking back at the spaghetti in front of me. "It looks disgusting." I mutter.

"Okay, how about this?" She asks, sliding a slice of vegan pizza in front of me. "It looks good, doesn't it?" She smiles.

"It doesn't look good at all." I shake my head. "You're lucky I ordered everything off of the menu." She tells me.

"You're going to love this." She says, showing me a plate of salad, making me visibly gag and my eyes become teary.

"You don't like it?"

"It smells like shit." I mutter. "You said you didn't want to go to therapy, so I thought I would come up with my own ways to help you."

"Everything on this table makes me want to throw up." I give her a blank stare. "Not everything, can you at least try something instead of smelling it first? Here, try the lasagna."

"Is it vegan?" I ask her. "Yep, everything I ordered is vegan, I made sure of it."

She places the lasagna in front of me, and passes me a fork. I grimace as I take a piece of it and place it in my mouth. I immediately spit it out into a napkin, groaning at the taste of it in my mouth.

"I can't eat anything Ariana, I don't want to, my body doesn't want to."

"You do want to, you said you liked burritos-" I cut her off. "I made myself throw it back up." I mumbled. "Have you eaten something since you got back from the hospital?" I'm asked.

"Yeah, ate toast, that's the only thing that doesn't make me feel guilty." I look down. "Hey Billie, you shouldn't feel guilty about eating anything. You see me? I eat like an elephant."

"Trust me, we all know, but you're still so small, how?" I ask her. "Me? I just walk a lot. Seriously, I don't work out that much, just me walking or taking jogs. You can do that too."

"We tried doing all of this yesterday, we left the house, came here and no result, let's just go home."

"Yeah, we left but I noticed something." Ari tells me with a big smile. "Okay?" I raise an eyebrow. "Yesterday when we left? Selena was in the dining room with her mom and she could not take her eyes off of you."

"Which one? Selena or her mom?" I snark. "Selena, obviously. You have her sprung to the moons."

"No I don't." I roll my eyes. "You do! When you were in the hospital, she couldn't stay in one place, we all left besides her and I stayed back for a while and she kept pacing back and forth."

"So what are you trying to say?" I ask her. "The girl cares about you whether she wants to admit it or not."

*Time Skip*

Selena POV

I walk down the hallway being startled when I hear something go off. Ariana came into my presence, with a party popper in her hand, and she was cackling.

"You bitch." I mutter. "You should've seen your face, you looked terrified." She laughed.

"Who wouldn't? You idiot." I insult her and she just rolls her eyes before taking a good look at me. "Whatever, I just finished setting up the party decorations." I nod, walking down the stairs with Ariana behind me.

I walk out into the backyard seeing Carina on a ladder. "Why is there a ladder in my backyard?" I turn to Ariana. "I had to get some lights up there, Carina said she'd do it for me."

"Okay, one, who the hell brought this out here and two, this ladder is unsteady, she needs to get down."

"Sebastian brought it in here, and she'll be alright. She's almost finish-" She's cut off by shouting and I see Carina falling. She lands in my arms immediately and lets out a breath, "The- the ladder-"

"Just admit I was right." I tell the girl and she rolls her eyes before getting out of my arms limping a bit. "Rina, you're limping, sit down."

"I'm okay. Just hit my foot in the fall, I'll be fine." She says. I hear a noise behind me making me turn around. "Hello, you cute baby." I say taking June from my mom, her feets dancing in my arms tells me she wants to be put down.

I let her down letting her run around, doing God knows what. According to Mom, she started walking months ago and now she's running. Sometimes, I wonder if I regret leaving Italy and my entire family behind.

I was in Italy, got pregnant, came here, and went back to Italy to give birth just to leave again. I missed almost an entire year of her life because I thought her life was in danger and it wasn't.

And I'm afraid, now it is. Matteo's been so entirely close and clear to me that I was able to miss it. He's been staying at the house behind me, but I don't get it, his entire mission is to get me dead, why wouldn't he do anything now that he's so near me, which tells me he has more plans than just killing me.

While roaming around, I bump into Billie. "My bad, sorry." I mutter. She just nods before walking away from me. "Hey, wait." I stop her. "Hm?" She looks up at me.

"I wanted to apologize for what I said a few days ago."

"You said something?" She asks me. "Yeah, back at the hospital. Telling you to eat instead of being sympathetic." I mumble.

"It's- it's okay." She stutters. "I'm serious, how are you doing?"

"Um, getting there slowly, but I'll be okay." She nods, giving me a smile. "Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but Ari's gonna bust my ass if I don't get the party streamers for her. They're in the garage." She laughs.

"Actually," I stop her. "I learned something and right now, I don't anyone outside besides my snipers and me."

"Oh- but you're in the backyard, is that not unsafe?"

"The backyard is surrounded by alarms and bulletproof fences, it should be the safest place in the house actually," I laugh. "I'll get the streamers myself, don't worry."

"Are you sure?" She asks and I nod. I walk out of the house and make my way towards the garage before my vision goes black.

My hearing was still there but I could not see one thing. "Oh, it's going to be so fun dealing with you." is the last thing I hear before my hearing finally gives out too.

The next time I wake up, I'm in a room with grey walls and my vision clears up and I hear footsteps. I try to sit up, but I can't, letting me I'm restrained to something.

"Wow, I haven't seen you in almost 4 years, how about some daddy daughter time?" I make eye contact with the man who stripped me of my childhood.

I- lemme shut up