Twenty-Two| Violent

Third Person POV
(Violence warning)

C𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 Twenty-Two
Violent!

Cℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 Twenty-TwoViolent!

———

ENDING THE PHONE CALL WITH DOMINIC, VALENTINA ROLLED HER EYES AT HER COUSIN'S WIDE SMILE. Frantically, he began poking her arm excitedly, "Gosh, he's so in love with you," Phoenix told his younger cousin.

Sighing, Valentina shook her head, "He's not in love with me," she replied back, heading into the café in the shopping centre they were in.

She hears Phoenix groan at her response, "Why do you keep denying the obvious?" he questioned, ordering their drinks before going back to where she had chosen to sit.

"I don't want to get hurt...because I do love him. I am in love with him." Valentina admitted, running her hands over her face.

"Bitch. Just fucking tell him!" Phoenix pressured Valentina, hitting her arm lightly. "Go to his work, surprise him and then grab him by the tie and pull him into the hottest kiss."

"Now?" Valentina questioned, raising her brow at her cousin.

Phoenix nodded his head, "Yes, now run along. I'll take your bags back to your house."

"Thank you! Love you," she hugged her cousin tightly, kissing his cheek before calling her chauffeur.

Ten minutes later, she had arrived outside of the large skyscraper, smiling kindly at Aurora at the front desk, and approached the woman.

"Hi Aurora, how are you?" Valentina asked politely. The older lady had once babysat her when she was younger.

"I'm good, thank you sweetheart. You know your father isn't at this office today," she alerted the young girl.

"Oui, I know. I'm actually here for Dominic," Valentina admitted, blushing slightly when Aurora began to tell her how much he speaks about her during the lunch break. After a short talk, the ginger told Valentina that the man she was looking for was on the nineteenth floor, in his office. Telling a quick 'thank you', she rushed up to the elevator to urgently get to her man.

Applying a bit of extra lipgloss, she stepped out as the doors automatically opened, smiling when she noticed Dominic through the glass wall, his back to her. Raising her hand to knock, she stopped when she realised she could clearly hear the conversation that was occurring, through the slightly-open door.

"Is it fun? Fucking your bosses daughter?" one of the males spoke, laughing as Dominic clenched his hand.

"Do not speak of Valentina," Dominic ordered lowly, vexation laced in his tone.

"Why not? We'll all love to here how she is in bed. Screamer? Does she let you tie her up?" The same man continued on, getting up to stand in front of Dominic. "You're lucky, Dom. Half the men in this room have always wanted to get a night with her, but here you are, got her all to yourself. She's yours."

"She's not mine. She's not anyone's. Valentina is her own person, no one can have her," Dominic retorted back, turning to face the blonde who was teasing him.

There was a significant height difference; Dominic taller and more muscular while the blonde was quite scrawny, seeming as if he did not take care of his hygiene. The taller of the two slammed his hand down onto his desk, getting into the other's face.

"Now, get back to work, Michael. And don't even let Valentina's name leave your mouth again. Otherwise, there will be consequences," he threatened.

"Oh what, like this?" The blonde spoke again, before beginning to fake moan her name. Thrusting his hips forwards as if he were imagining having sex.

Valentina watched with her mouth wide open as Dominic brought his arm back, his hand already in a fist before connecting right into his nose. A sickening crack rang through the office, Michael's head snapping back, as numerous gasps erupted throughout the room.

The shocked brunette girl only blinked, before looking back to where Dominic was straddling the blonde, throwing punch after punch at his face. His hair was tousled, loose strands in front of his face, his fists covered with blood.

Returning from her shocked state, Valentina rushed into the room where the commotion was currently happening. Gripping Dominic's arm tightly causing him to stop and frustratedly turn  to see who had stopped him. His face noticeably relaxed when his eyes landed on a worried Valentina.

"Calm the fuck down Dominic!" She told him, as he got up and off the wounded blonde who was groaning in pain on the floor.

In a matter of seconds, Dominic had her pinned against the wall, both of his hands on her shoulders, "Don't even fucking tell me what to do!" Dominic shouted in her face. His breaths were heavy, his whole body rising and falling rapidly as he inhaled. A small amount of blood trickled down from his nose. "You never tell me what to do."

The audience had gone quieter, not only due to the tension between the two's interaction, but Nicholas had arrived at the building, walking in during the argument.

"Someone better tell me what's happened." Nicholas shouted, before approaching his daughter who was still trapped under Dominic. "Dominic, buddy, going to need you to calm down and let go of my daughter. You're hurting her."

Immediately, Dominic released Valentina repeating 'sorry', ignoring her telling him she was not mad. He felt Nicholas pat his back, leading him to his office. "I'm sorry, sir."

"Don't worry Dominic, I'm not mad. I heard it all, including what Michael was saying. You were defending my daughter's name and honour. I appreciate the respect you have for her"

"Of course, I will always protect her. I didn't mean to hurt her." Dominic sighed, sitting back into the chair. His knuckles stung as he gripped the armrests. "May I ask why I'm in here? Shouldn't you be speaking to Michael?"

"You're right, but first, how would you feel about marriage? It would be good for the business and for this particular lady." Nicholas announced, causing Dominic to freeze.

"To who?"

"To Valentina, Dominic."

—————————