*Project Angel*

When I first found the island, it was on an exhibition to discover anomalies in the Bermuda Triangle. The island was one of many.

If I could go back to change what I did, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

~

Aurae was the name they'd given her, after the Greek goddess of winds. Her wings were whiter than snow and contrasted beautifully against her dark skin. Her species were incredibly strong and fast. They had every aspect that humans had, but were better in every way. The facility named them Melek which was Turkish for Angel, but I felt the name didn't do them justice.

Aurae looked at me through the protective glass with curiosity. She knew I wasn't like the rest of them and wanted to use that to her advantage.

"You could let me out of here you know," her voice sounded as if she was singing. It was seductive and entrancing that I'm sure would make many men fall to their knees.

"You know they would have my head," I countered opening the door to the steel room. Her yellow eyes followed me slowly as I walked closer to her. She was strapped to the table as she usually was. Bound at the hand and wrists.

"I wouldn't let them hurt you Samuel," hearing her say my name made my heart pound. The thing about Aurae and the other Melek was that they never spoke from the mouth. When together it seemed that they communicated to each other with their minds. For some reason, Aurae cherished me. It was probably because she knew I was weak, she knew I couldn't stand a chance against her.