*Boarding*

‼️another werewolf story😭😭😭‼️
-

I hadn't seen her since she was a kid. But there she was standing in the main floor common room being welcomed back by the pack.

She looked uninterested by all the chatter people attempted to make with her. She looked tired. Her father stood beside her thriving in all the excitement. He had a firm grip on her arm as if he was keeping her from running away. I never really liked her father, but still respected him due to him being the former alpha. Even though he stepped down many years ago, he always felt the need to contradict every suggestion I had.

Her father finally noticed me standing near the stairway and called me over. The crowd parted as I walked through and greeted everyone.

"Cornelian, you remember my daughter Ariela?" He said grasping my shoulder with his free hand. She payed me no attention and was still staring at the floor.

"Of course I do," I flashed my smile, "how have you been?"

She finally looked up at me with her big green eyes raking over my body. I felt self conscious under her gaze.

"Did you get taller?" She asked with a look of disbelief. Her father hit her arm and gave me an embarrassed look.

"I apologize, she still hasn't learned to respect her authorities," her father said visibly gripping her harm harder making her wince.

"It's fine," I said hoping he would release her arm.

He didn't.

"Well I best be on my way then," I said nodding to the rest of the pack.

"Alpha duties I'm assuming," her father said waving his hand as if he was dismissing me. I gave him a quick tight lipped smile and made my way to my office.

I stopped and looked back at her in time to find her looking at me with curious eyes. She smiled for the first time since she had been here and I felt my body heat up. I quickly turn away into my office and release a breathe I hadn't realized I was holding.

If I knew anything it was that she was definitely going to cause trouble.

~

I quietly close the back door and sneak towards the stairs. I just got back from what the youth these days would call a 'sneaky link'. With all eyes on me being the alpha I have to be careful about who I spend my time with.

I walk past the living room and see Ariela sitting on the couch looking right at me. She had her knees to her chest and what looked like a vape in her hand. She blew out a puff of smoke and smiled at me.

"A little late for you to be just getting back," she said with a smirk.

"You're not supposed to be smoking," I said ignoring her comment. She shrugged taking another hit looking back at the large fish tank her father had installed for the children. The light shown against her face making it seem like she was in the fish tank herself.

I slowly walked towards her and sat down.

"What are you still doing up," I asked staring at the fish tank myself.

"I don't usually sleep at night," she said quietly, "it's peaceful when everyone's asleep and I just sleep during the day so no one bothers me. What about you, where you coming from?"

I shrugged my arms not wanting her to know about my night time activities. She leaned closer to me sniffing my neck.

"You smell like a woman," she said with a knowing smile.

"I'm an adult, I can do whatever I want," I expressed trying to cover up my embarrassment.

"Is that why you're so scared of Michael," she teased referring to her father.

"I'm not afraid of your father," I scoffed. Ignoring her teasing gaze.

"Sure you aren't," she laughed taking another hit of her vape.

I don't bother to respond and we sit in silence both staring at the exotic fish swimming around the tank.

"How does it feel being back?" I ask looking over at her. Her face visibly frowns and pulls her knees tighter to her chest.

"I hate it," she whispers, "but it's better than that school. I'm sure you know why I was there, everyone does."

I nod my head remembering the incident that caused her father to send her away. Her father says it was a healing school but we all knew it wasn't the truth. Ariela was falling into the deep end and it was embarrassing for Michael. It was so embarrassing that his daughter suffered mentally that he sent her away. He couldn't have his suffering daughter ruining his reputation.

Ariela's phone lit up and she read the message with a smile, "I should really get going," she said standing up walking towards the front door.

"Where are you going?" I questioned grabbing her arm.

"Out," she said with an annoyed look.

"But it's late."

She tilted her head looking at me with those big green eyes. She used her free hand to pry my fingers off her arm and continued to walk out of the house leaving me standing there looking stupid.

~