13. Injured

*Peter's POV*

I was falling.

I don't know where I fell off from or if I would ever hit the ground I was just falling.

I looked around and beside me I saw the past flashing around me.

How I failed to save the boat from splitting in two.

The building crushing down on me.

Fading away during the blip.

Tony dying.

Mysterio messing with my head.

...............

My eyes flew open. For a second I didn't know where I was until I moved my head and saw I was in the hospital lab, a soft beeping from the machine next to me. I look over next to my bed and see Tony and Steve asleep leaning on each other.

"Dad." I choke out, it felt very hard to talk.

Tony immediately woke up when he heard my voice his face laced with worry. He stood up a rushed over to my side. "Peter oh thank god you woke up!" His sudden movement woke Steve up who just as quickly walked over with the same expression.

"Why wouldn't I wake up- ow!" I tried to sit up but felt a sharp pain from my left side. "What happened."

"Do you really not remember?" Tony asks.

Then it started to come back. The fight, being stabbed, crashing through the window, Harley- shit Harley!

"Wait what happened with Harley?!" I briefly remember him carrying me to the team but I don't know if I had my face covered. I could feel panic starting to rise again.

"Harley's fine he didn't see you without your mask, he's just a bit shaken with Spider-Man crashing into his room." Steve says.

I leaned my head back against the pillow, "Oh thank god." A small amount of relief washed through me. The last thing I needed was for Harley to find out that way.

"Well Pete, what do you remember?" Tony asks. "Can you tell us what happened?"

"I can try it's a little foggy." I say before starting my explanation. "I was on patrol and went to go help someone, a lady I think, and I tried stopping this guy but he stabbed me with some kind of knife. At first I thought it was just another stab wound but then I started to get super dizzy and everything began to feel a bit off. And soon Karen was saying-"

"Wait who's Karen?" Steve interrupts.

Who's Karen? What kind of question is that? "The name of the lady in my suit." I say as if it's obvious.

"You named one of the most advanced computer program in the world I programmed into your suit, Karen?" Asked Tony confused.

"Yeah, it made sense at the time." I say before continuing, "So anyway Karen was saying that there was poison on the knife that had ended up slowing down my healing and was draining my powers. I tried swinging back home but I my focus felt very off, and that's how I ended up in Harley's room, which after that everything's blank."

They were both silent for awhile, thinking about how to deal with the situation. Finally Bruce came rushing into the room to check on me.

"Why did you not call me down here sooner!" He scolded the two of them. "I should've been the first you called the exact millisecond he woke up." Tony and Steve looked down at their feet like toddlers who broke something of their parents.