COLLETTE

I walk into the room, some flowers in my hand. I was hoping that before Tristan woke up again, I would be able to decorate it a little.

Just so that he wouldn't feel so lost in this small white room.

Why they don't put flowers in here anyway is beyond me.

But as Creed would say, this is a place of death, mom. It's inevitable here. You can't pretty it up.

I walk over to the small chest in the corner with all the tools, and place the vase of flowers right where I knew he would see it.

"M-mom?"

I turn around quickly. I see my son on the bed, eyes wide open, which were glued to me. I walk slowly to him side, and place my hand on his.

"Hi baby." I soothe, using the name I had for all of my babies. Except now they've outgrown the names.

"Mom." He whines, a pained expression on his face, but I know it's not because of me.

"Sorry." I say, "Habit. It's what I call the boys." I smile, and touch his cheek. I try to stop the tears from coming to my eyes.

But I can't help it.

I still couldn't believe he was alive. After so many months of not knowing.

I hold back a sob.

His hand grasps mine, and tightens his grip.

"It's okay." He says, swallowing with some difficulty, "I'm okay."

"No you're not." I say, wiping my eyes, "Sorry."

He smiles, "I'm gonna be okay."

I nod, "Okay." I say. My shoulders sag.

I had tried to be strong for so long. So long. For my boys. For my daughters. For the kingdom.

But it all fell down. The wall I had up to the pain.

And it crashed down on top of me.

But then came Tristan. Who comes to pick me up, my sweetheart son.

And what he whispers picks me back up.

"I love you mom."