SEAN

I think that everything about this week has been borderline horrible.

I never thought that fear could become a coat that you put on all the time. That fear was a heavy, sickening coat. That fear was hard to get rid of, to take off.

I wasn't necessarily scared for me. I wasn't scared of the threats against me. I'd gladly take them if it meant that my loved ones didn't have to live with them.

I was tired of seeing my mom, her shoulders drooped with worry and fear. Of seeing my sister-in-law reliving memories and fearing for her husband. Of seeing my brother, as strong as he is, exhausted every night.

Was this what Sebastian and Dad felt like? Was it easier or harder for them to do this? Did Sebastian lay in bed at night, knowing that his country was counting on him? Seb didn't have the pressure of freeing his loved one. Dad didn't worry about the safety of his loved ones if he said the wrong thing.

Creed warned me about my words. He didn't know if Fraser would take out his anger on Dad and Sebastian. I hoped that Fraser wouldn't be that spiteful but I wouldn't put it past him.

I was sick of watching Stevie, the dread and caution thinly veiled on her face. Her usual bright and happy personality was quieted and sober. I missed the joyful Stevie I fell in love with. I hated that she was scared and I couldn't really do anything about it.

Commander Nash had contacted Creed, claiming to have information that he would want to hear. I was going along because Creed was supposed to be my guard for our time here.

He was the only person in this whole country that I trusted fully. The only person who I felt safe around. If anyone else were assigned to me, I wouldn't have been able to truly believe that I was protected.

I had full trust in Creed. Sebastian and Tristan had laughed when Creed decided to start his self defense lessons. We had all been a little shocked when he joined the military. But Creed has proven himself over and over again.

Dad would be proud of Creed. Sebastian would be proud of Creed. He would make a good king. A great king.

If something happened to Creed at these Peace Talks, I could only hope to live up to Creed.

But nothing was going to happen to him.

Creed was deep in thought as he walked down the hallway. I knew that the morning session weighed heavily on Creed. Very little progress had been made and we were nowhere closer to finding Dad and Seb than we were to do peace.

Fraser loves to hold that fact over our head.

I focused my gaze on Creed's waistband. He had shrugged off his blazer and just wore his dress shirt. My eyes were on the black gun, standing out against the white of his shirt.

Creed glanced up, his body tensing. I stopped behind him, glancing around.

"What's the matter?" I asked softly.

Creed reached his right hand behind, grabbing the gun. He doesn't answer me, his eyes flying around the hall. The hall that was unusually empty.

"Creed." We were sitting ducks in the middle of the hallway. We had no way to escape if someone came at us from both ends of the hall.

"I know. Stay close to me. If I go down, don't fight them. The team will find you."

"You're not going down."

"I'm not invincible, Sean." Creed muttered, "But I'll try to be."

He raised his gun, firing two shots off as the first two men rounded the corner. They fell but I knew there was more coming.