~Chapter 29~

The night rides in on a horse of pure midnight velvet, beckoned by the stars under the glow of a full moon. The lingering light is obliterated by the rapidly falling night. The once blue and purple sky now transforms into a vast expanse of jet-black that engulfs the city. A canopy of luminous stars materialized amongst the city. Some were dull, merely flickering into existence every not and then, but there is an adequate amount of shimmering stars to illuminate the shadowy atmosphere.

Angela-Rose is sat beside Luke in his back garden, watching him as he gazes into thin air; lost in his own thoughts and clouded with a non-existent vision that was slowly eating him alive.

~Two weeks ago~

With a sadistic and cocky smirk, Carlos slowly buttoned up his suit blazer, before he turned around to walk back to his car. 

Angela-Rose watched as he stepped back into his car and drove away. With shaky hands, she held the envelope tightly still in shock and in disbelief of what she just heard. After she snapped out of her thoughts, she quickly opened the envelope to read through the files, her eyes widening at each information. Realizing that Carlos was telling the truth, that Luke and Alex were indeed brothers who shared the same father, she stood sturdy on the ground to stop herself from falling back while she tried to catch her breath.

She stopped and looked around for a brief while, before turning around to head back inside the mansion. With each step she took, she began to imagine the worst of the situation, which is what she tended to do at times like this.

Once she stepped inside the mansion, she looked ahead to see Luke slowly walking down the stairs with the help of his crutches, while struggling to do so. Without hesitation, she quickly let the envelope fall out of her hands and onto the floor as she hurried over to help him.

"Its okay, I got you" she muttered as she took his arm and wrapped it around her neck, before she placed her hand on his waist for support.

Luke glanced down at the hollow expression on her face before speaking up. "I thought you had a meeting with Eddie, why are you back so soon... is everything okay?" he asked curiously, arching his brow up. As they reached the bottom of the stairs, he glanced over at the envelope on the floor, before he narrowed his gaze back to her. "What's that?" he questioned.

Angela pushed her head back to look up at him. She pressed her lips together, opening her mouth to speak, but closing it shut a few seconds later.

"Angie... what's the matter?" with a heavy concern etched deep into his voice, Luke pierced down into her eyes trying to make out what was wrong. He flickered his eyes back over to the envelope as Angela-Rose sighed, turning around to go pick it up from the floor.

She looked back at him with nervousness in her eyes, not knowing how to break the news to him, before she spoke up. "Luke... um we have to talk".

Luke furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he watched her slowly open the large envelope with shaky hands. "What's all this?" he asked, as Angela-Rose quickly shifted her eyes back at him. Ever since his accident, she had made a promise to herself to protect his well-being, but physically and mentally, and she wasn't sure what finding out something like this would do to him; that his birth father was someone he knew, that his birth mother was still alive living in a different city, and that his half brother was one of the people most closest to him, one of the people that he loved dearly. She knew it would be too much for him to process, but she couldn't exactly keep this kind of thing from him.