~Chapter 28~

*Flashback*

December 19th, 2015-- Almost four years ago:

It was late evening. Angela-Rose, Luke and Dominic were at a Christmas charity event.

They walked around the fancy banquet hall with glasses of champagne in their hands, chatting to people who approached them along the way, mostly to talk to Luke. He had began his professional boxing career a year and a half ago and was already quite popular among the crowds. He held out his arm open for Angela-Rose to grab onto and she tilted her head to the side and scoffed playfully, smiling to herself, as she slowly placed her hand on his bicep, whilst they strolled off behind Dominic.

After a brief while, they turned their attention to see Alex strolling through the doors, along with a group of his posse behind him, a little under dressed for the occasion. He was dressed in a plain black t-shirt, black jeans and wore dark shades to cover up his eyes. They watched as he picked up a glass of champagne to the side, drawing several attention in his direction.

"What a way to make an entrance" Dominic spoke up as he looked over at Alex. "Who is that?" he asked.

"That's Eric Parker's son; Alex" she replied as she rolled her eyes over at Alex; who laughed loudly as he spoke to someone.

"Eric Parker, as in the Billionaire?" said Dominic, slightly arching his brow up. "Wait I think I've seen the kid on the news a couple times".

"Yeah.. he's known for being an out of control rich kid, who's father gave him everything. I've been in the same room with him a couple times and although we haven't spoke, I'm not a fan of him. He gets to act however he wants and doesn't take anything seriously because he knows there won't be any consequences for him... typical rich white boy" she groaned quietly, before going to sip on her champagne.

"Lets give him a chance... he's heading this way" Luke spoke up as Angela and Dominic, turned their heads back around.

They watched as he made his way over to them, greeting a couple people along the way. There was a huge sheepish smile plastered all across his face, a smile big enough to light up the room. 

"Hey!" he uttered as he approached them, before holding out his hand towards Luke. "Dude I can't believe you're here, I'm a big fan".

Luke took a step closer to him before shaking his head. "Thank you, that means a lot" he replied, holding a smile to his face.

"I was there at your fight last week, you're really awesome man" he continued to praise him, before he diverted his eyes to Dominic, then down to Angela-Rose. "You're doing a great job with him, you know... for a girl".

"Excuse me?" Angela scoffed, arching her brow up.

"Wait that didn't come out right, I apologize" he said, placing his hand on his chest as she rolled her eyes away. "I was a big fan of your dad, I even grew up watching him. He made me fall in love with boxing" he stated, holding his hand out towards her.

Angela glanced down at his hand, before she quickly shifted her eyes elsewhere. "Do you really care about boxing?" she questioned, cocking her head to the side.