~Chapter 22~

Another tensed and overwhelming week had quickly passed by.

It was 8:30 at night and Luke was sat alone in one of his private underground bars, whilst he sipped on a glass of strong whiskey. Tomorrow would be his 29th birthday, but he wasn't in no celebratory mood, especially with everything that had happened in the past two weeks.

He slowly swirled the drink in his hand as the silence overwhelmingly consumed him. The feeling in his heart was worse than heartbreak and a mix of things he couldn't quite explain. He was in grief, and in an upmost heavy guilt that was taking a huge toll on him day by day. Who knew that the love of two people could cause so much heartache, heartbreak and pure agony from almost everyone around them. But despite that, he couldn't stop loving her, he wouldn't stop having faith that he would get a chance to be with he someday, and even though that faith was one sided, if he was willing to go to hell and back for her and for her only, there was no way he could ever give up.

*Flashback*

~Two weeks ago~

It was late evening. Still reeling in from the events that happened at Samantha's house hours ago, Luke slowly strolled inside his mansion. Behind him was Amy; who closed the door shut and stopped to look at him as he headed into the living room, almost dragging his feet against the ground.

As Luke slumped back on one of the sofas and through his head up, Amy placed her purse to the side and crossed her arms as she held a hard gaze over in his direction. The silence between them was tensed and unbearable. It was like a ticking time bomb just waiting to explode. As she continued to stare at the look of hurt and heartbreak plastered all across his face, she bit her tongue to avoid saying anything. She hated how he didn't even try to hide his feelings anymore as great as he did before. There was a time where he loved her enough to pretend he didn't feel anything for her, but now she knew he was done pretending.

"You haven't said anything ever since we left Samantha's... is there something you wanna tell me?" Amy spoke up, slowly walking over to him, with her heels silently clicking along the way.

Luke slowly pushed his head back down and shifted his eyes towards her. He paused for a little while before speaking up. "You know, don't you?" he asked quietly.

"About you and Angela-Rose...?" Amy replied, pursing her lips together. "About the picture her brother sent me of you two making out in the place we were supposed to get married in? about the fact that you're madly in love with your manager and have been fucking leading me on for a year and a half... asking me to marry you, when all this time, you really wanted it to be her you proposed to".

He took a deep breath and hesitantly rubbed his eyes together, before slowly getting up from the sofa. "I'm sorry..." he whispered, quietly, ad she couldn't help but notice how distant his eyes were.

"That's all you have to say to me?... I don't wanna hear that you're just sorry, Luke" she breathed out, throwing her hands in the air.

"Amy-"

"Do you even regret kissing her in the place we were supposed to get married?". she questioned, cutting him off his sentence before he could say another word.

"I never meant to do that, Look I'm sorry that-"

"You should be begging me to forgive you after the way you hurt me. You think I don't know you slept with her when you were in London. You should be looking in the fucking eyes and telling me you regret it and that she means nothing to you and that you made a mistake! That's what I wanna hear, Luke, not that you're sorry, because I know you're not and all you can think about right now is her even when I'm right in-front of you!" she snarled, raising her voice.