~Chapter 27~

A week had quickly passed. It was a late Friday morning and Angela-Rose was arriving at Eddie's in downtown Los Angeles.

Turning of the engine to her car, she picked up her purse from the passengers seat and put on her dark sunglasses, before going to step outside. She ignored a couple of the paparazzi's who took pictures of her from across the street as she strolled inside the building, with the sound of her heels clicking along the way.

Ever since last week upon finding out that Luke wanted to get his revenge and fight Carlos, despite his many injuries and the fact that it might not be so easy for him to step inside the boxing ring again, she had constantly been on edge and sometimes found herself looking over her shoulder. It wasn't something she wanted. The thought of Luke someday stepping into the ring with Carlos brought back the daunting nightmare of when it was her father fourteen years ago. Nobody had faith in him and believed in him more than she did, but there was always a sense of fear with Carlos, especially now that she couldn't bare to lose Luke again.

Passing by a couple people on the way who fixated their gazes on her, she sighed quietly to herself as she turned to head inside the elevator with million different thoughts running through her mind. It had been that way for the past week, but as stressed as she was and with everything going on, she'd be lying if she said this wasn't one of, if not the most happiest times of her life with Luke.

Thinking back to their night together last night, a small smile spread across her cheek as she strolled out the elevator. She then turned to her left to head towards Eddie's Office, but quickly stopped as she spotted Alex's father; Eric Parker walking out the room.

As he turned around to face her, she could almost see the lifelessness in his eyes. His hand was frailty and cautious, shaking gently as he reached to close the door behind him. His movements as he walked in her direction was slow and unsteady. He looked worse than the last time she had saw him in these very halls. His dark hair was getting grayer, and his skin was getting paler. He looked as if the years of stress and a busy workaholic life had all fully caught up to him, which left a permanent blank and numbing expression on his face. There wasn't much she knew about him other than the fact that he was Alex's father and a world renowned Billionaire. She had never seen him smile either and that included the millions of photos of him online. He seemed like such a frail and bitter old man with unwanted hate in his heart wherever he went, and she could also imagine the pain that that caused Alex too.

"Angela-Rose" he spoke sternly in his high class, corporate business voice, whilst he nodded his head at her. As he approached her, she could spot his frail skin and his slender stance.

"Mr. Parker" she cleared her throat, and gripped onto her purse as she watched him closely.

He nodded his head at her once again, before going to watch past her. She turned around and watched as he headed towards the elevator with the thought of Alex filling her head, especially with how distance he had been and how his attitude had completely changed ever since Luke's accident.

"Mr. Parker, wait" she called stopping him before he was about to head inside the elevator.

"Is there something I can help you with?" he asked in his usual gruff and hoarse tone as he stopped to look back in her direction.

She placed her hand on her hip and breathed out a quiet sigh before she spoke back up moments later. "Alex has been acting strange for the past month. Now he's your son, your only son, and I know before he came out to you four years ago, you were the closest person to him and the only one who's ever been able to get through to him. Don't you think its time to end this petty homophobic vendetta you have against him and be there for him with your time still left in this world?... like I said he's your only son, so don't you think its time that you accept him for who he is. Don't you think its a little sad, when someone else other than your son has to beg you to be apart of your his life?. Besides, do you want him to keep hating you even after you're gone?" she stated, staring over at him intensely.