~Chapter 24~

The next morning felt colder than it did the night before. The hospital walls looked a lot darker, even though it was the whitest shade of white. Since it was in the middle of June, the sun made sure to come out every morning, but that particular morning it was grey and to top of that the atmosphere felt numb, lifeless and quiet, like any sudden loud sound would instantly cause chaos or eruption.

Angela-Rose slowly fluttered her eyes opened and let out a quiet yawn as she pushed herself up from the hard hospital chair she had slept on the night before. Rubbing her eyes, she lifted her head to glance over at Luke who was still sedated and in deep sleep in his hospital bed. 

Last night was the worse she's ever felt ever since her father's passing fourteen years ago. Over the past five years she had gone through many critics and faced racism, sexism and discrimination from the press, but none of those moments made her feel as worse as she did when she thought she was going to lose Luke. When she heard that he had been a car crash it felt like her whole world came crashing down, and that was something she never had to go through ever again. For the past five years he had been the most important person to her, he was so much more than her client, but rather her entire world and the love of her life, even though she didn't like to admit it, but yesterday was a real eye-opener for her and it took her having to almost lose him to realize that she had never even looked him in the eye and told him that she loves him and how much he meant to her.

Moments later, she shifted her eyes over to look at Dominic and Diego who was still fast asleep beside her. She watched them for a little while, before turning her head to her left at Alex, who stared up at the ceiling with his eyes wide-open. There were small bags under his eyes, which made her suggest that he probably hadn't slept all night.

"Hey... good morning" she muttered quietly, drawing his attention over to her.

Alex slowly pushed his head back down, before turning his head to face her. "Morning" he replied in a faint tone, before going back to look up at the ceiling. 

"Have you been awake all night?" she asked, pushing her hair out of her face.

"Yeah... I've just been thinking about a lot of things" he whispered, pushing his head back down once again to glance over at Luke. "I've been on social media and every news channel, they've all been reporting that Luke survived the crash. I'm guessing one of the Doctors or nurses here had spilled to the press".

Angela-Rose breathed out a deep sigh, whilst she rubbed her eyes together. "I'll find how who it was later. I knew word of it would get out so quickly, especially since the reporters and paparazzi's have probably been waiting outside the hospital since last night to get any news they can".

Alex shifted his eyes back to her, before speaking back up. "I've also been thinking about other things... like how I was the last to know that the reason why Luke and Amy called off their wedding was because of you, and how you guys were having an affair" he spoke.

Angela-Rose sighed quietly and placed her hand on her forehead as silence fell upon them.

"You don't have to say anything, its just... I've always had my suspicions about you two, but I never thought he'd leave Amy. I know the reason why Diego and Dominic didn't tell me its because they thought I'd overreact or joke about it, but... its not like I can really make jokes at a time like this" he scoffed quietly, before sighing to himself.

She watched as he glanced down at his fingers and in the three and a half years that she's known him, she had never seen him look like this or witnessed this type of expression on his face. Even in difficult times, he would tend to crack a joke to keep everyone's spirit up. He was the kind of person that didn't take himself seriously at any given moment, neither did he like to show the sad side about himself, because he didn't want anybody feeling sorry for him. But between the five of them, she had always known that he was the saddest, but he kept so many secrets buried inside him and plastered on a happy face, that you would never tell.