~Chapter 23~

It was an hour till midnight. After hearing the news of Luke's car accident, she had arrived at the hospital where he had been taken to.

Panic rose like a bile in her body as she rapidly pushed open the door to her car and stepped outside to rush towards the hospital. She ignored the countless of paparazzi's and reporters who rushed towards her to flash a camera in her face, whilst bombarding her with millions of questions all at once. Stressed and frustrated, she quickly pushed past them to get through as everything around her seem to spin into motion and her breathing increased with each hollow step she took.

When she had heard the words 'Famous boxer; Luke Carson had been in an unfortunate car crash' earlier, it felt like her whole world had it stopped. For a brief second her vision became blurry and it felt like she was going to faint. It had felt like there was a knot tying at her insides tighter and tighter making it hard to breathe or even stand. There was suddenly heaviness around her that she couldn't see herself through, a sense of a devastating realization that she couldn't bare to process. During the car ride to the hospital, it was especially hard to keep her focus on the road as she was still in a state of shock. It was as if all she could hear were the endless news reports reporting about his accident, and she just couldn't bare to see it through.

Once she finally escaped from the paparazzi and reporters, she took a deep breath, before picking up a pace. The second she had stepped inside the hospital, it felt like the feeling in her heart became worse.

Her hands began to shake rapidly and her breathing increased more than ever as she began to think back to the night fourteen years ago when her father died. It was like a night like this; paparazzi's and reporters waited outside the hospital and there was a thick atmosphere in the ear. She remembered the feeling she felt as her aunt took her and Jackson to the hospital where her father was rushed after his fight with Carlos. He had died not long after, and she remembered the cold eerie atmosphere and the sound of complete silence. That was what it felt like now, and it took all the strength in her not to burst into tears.

"Angela" she heard someone call her name, and she quickly looked to the side to see Dominic and Diego rushing towards her.

"Where is he? is he okay?" she questioned, placing her on her head as she glanced up at the both of them.

"We just got here not too long ago. We don't know, the doctor hasn't given any information about him" Dominic explained, placing his hands at the back of his head.

"Where's Alex?" she asked, looking around the place.

"I'm not sure, he isn't answering his calls, but he should be here soon" Diego replied.

In a panic state, Angela turned to glance back at the press who were stood outside. In frustration, she quickly turned to walk over to the hospital receptionist as Dominic and Diego followed from behind him.

"Ms. Wallace, I've already explained to Mr. Brown and Mr. Garcia at the back that-

"I don't care what you told them" she said, quickly cutting off her sentence. "Who can I speak to right now? who's in charge of this hospital?" she questioned sternly in a firm tone, placing her hand down on the desk.

"Ms. Wallace, if you could just please calm down-

"Calm down, are you kidding me?" she scoffed loudly, cutting her off once again. "My client was involved in a dangerous car accident not too long ago. There are paparazzi's waiting outside this damn hospital waiting to get any form of news on Luke, and I'm sure they'll find a way to before any of us do, so I'm going to ask again, who is in charge of this hospital?" she said, raising her voice as her fist clenched tightly.