|Chapter Four| A Woven Comfort

Elowyn's POV

Billie let go of my wrist. As we entered the room, Mike left to go back to his house to get the drinks. Tre was outside on the porch ordering the pizza. He walked in front of me to pick up his guitar, but I quickly grabbed his wrist. He looked at me in pure confusion. I quickly kissed his cheek and his cheeks and the tip of his nose turned a light shade of red. 

"What was that for?" He asked with a toothy grin. "I know your mom didn't actually make those cookies earlier. So that was a thank you." I replied with a slight laugh. 

"Well you looked hungry-" Billie spoke so fast that it obviously a lie. The Billie Joe had thought of me. How sweet.

Suddenly the door bell rang and a few moments after, Tre came in with the pizzas. Mike also had shown up with a small cooler full of sodas and beer. I picked out a cherry coke from the cooler and sat down on the floor in front of their music equipment. 

"Which song first?" Mike asked. Billie furrowed his eyebrows and put his hand on his chin, almost as if he was contemplating. That's when Tre hopped on his drum stool. He held both of his drumsticks in the air and exclaimed, "In the End!!" 

Mike nodded in agreement and nudged Billie, "Yeah Beej! That one!" I noticed that both Tre and Mike kept glancing over at me then Billie. Billie looked rather nervous, as he bit his bottom lip. "Fine. Yeah, whatever." He threw his guitar strap over his shoulder and turned on his mic. Mike did the same. 

Through the entire song, Billie kept his eyes locked with mine. Something about the lyrics made it seem like he was singing about me...

Will you pop up again

And be my special friend'

Till the end?

And when will that be?

Maybe it's just my wild and crazy imagination. 

A few moments later the song ended and I clapped and cheered. I was smiling widely. Billie sighed of relief and smiled back. He gave a dramatic bow. "Thank you, thank you. We do birthdays!" He joked. I couldn't help, but laugh. 

The night went on with more singing and jokes. Before I knew it, it was late at night. Mike and Tre headed home and that left me with Billie. No way were my parents were going to drive to pick me up. They were probably drunk at this hour, arguing with each other. Rose was probably staying at her best friend, Mary's, house for the night. 

While Billie was in the bathroom, I slipped outside onto the porch and called my parents. I put them on speaker mode so I could hear them easier and sat down on the porch. I dialed their number and my mom eventually answered. 

"What?" She said dully with a sniffle. I could tell that she had been crying. "I'm still at my friend's house and I was wondering if I had permission to stay the night." I replied straight forward.

 I heard the porch door slide open behind me. I knew it was Billie, but I pretended like I didn't know he was there. 

"Sure, I don't care." She said with the same tone as before. "Bye, I love you-" I tried to say, but my mom had hung up on me. I sighed.