Maneater

Obsession: an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.

This was a problem. It's been two weeks since I've last spoken to Roman and I'm beginning to see why it was a problem that I was so attached to him. Whenever I was upset he was the first person I wanted to go to, whenever I saw something I'd think "go tell him". It's honestly pathetic. The day it happened he kept blowing up my phone then he just stopped all together. I have no real value so I wouldn't be surprised if he discarded me. I checked my phone once again, but no new messages. I sighed, flinging it across my bed.

It was almost time to go and I honestly wasn't in the mood. I don't know why my mom thought it was a good idea to let me meet this mysterious man she's been seeing, it wasn't going to last anyway. Buuuut on the bright side free overpriced food. That's the one and only reason I even considered it. My phone suddenly vibrated. I quickly reached for it. My heart was beating out of my chest as I flipped it over and read what was on the screen. No text from Roman, just three from Adonis and one from my mom. Just great.
I unlocked my phone and went to messages.

"Hey :)" 7:40pm
"How're you" 7:41pm
"Wyd" 7:43pm
"U aren't answering I hope ur ok" 7:44pm
"Am I annoying...I'm sorry" 8:15pm
It was kinda cute how he was constantly texted me but his social skills sucked. "Hey sorry I didn't answer I have to go out with my mom for a couple of hours, I'm meeting her new bf so sorry if I don't answer". Just as it delivered the chat bubble was already loading. Jesus Christ was he just staring at the screen this whole time?
"Have fun! :)" 8:30 pm

Hm, fun. That's not likely but this will be quiet entertaining. She's never asked me to meet a guy before so either the world was ending and she's found someone that is willing to put up with her oooor this wasn't her idea to begin with and he was actually a decent person. I had to be prepared either way. My phone started to vibrate with another text, this time from my mom. I sighed, clicking the message. "Meet me in the bathroom I need help with the zipper". I rolled my eyes, here we go again.

I grabbed my shoes and flipped the light switch off before exiting my room. We only had thirty minutes to actually get to the place and she's just now getting ready? I didn't want to show up late cause first impressions are very important. I set my shoes outside the bathroom and knocked. She opened the door causing a wave of expensive perfume to slap me in the face. I Fanned the air, receiving a glare. "Does it stink or something?". I shook my head, "nah it smells nice it's just too much perfume makes even the most expensive ones feel cheap". She looked disappointed but quickly recovered, "don't just stand there come in".

I walked past her and entered the bathroom. There was a tone of makeup spread out on the counter, and clothes were everywhere. I raised my eyebrow, "couldn't decide?". She rolled her eyes and turned around for me to zip her up. I held the top of the dress together and tried to pull the zipper upwards but it wouldn't budge. "Um, it's not moving". She sighed, "what do you mean it's not moving, try harder". It doesn't matter how many times I try the things not gonna move. I attempted again, already knowing the outcome. "It's not moving" I repeated.

She spun around, glaring at me as if it was my fault. "So are you calling me fat?". I held my hands up, "no chill out". I looked at the dress trying to see what was wrong, it didn't seem to be noticeably too small. I narrowed my eyes, wait a damn minute. Was that my dress? "Maybe just maybe it doesn't fit cause it's not yours". She laughed nervously, "what do you mean it's not mine of course it's mine". I laughed, "yeah it's definitely yours that's why you can fit into it so easily right!". She slapped me, shutting me up real quick.

I stared her right in the eyes, daring her to do it again. "You do realize I'm doing this for you right? I don't have to go meet your fucking boyfriend so you better be grateful and if you hit me again I will fuck you up". She smirked, "okay whatever you say". I stepped up to her, "don't believe me?". My heart was beating out of my chest, that tends to happen when I pick fights that I can't win. "Another time" she smiled. I mirrored her, "whatever you say". We stared into each other's eyes, not saying a word. I hated her and she hated me, what more was there to it?