Criminally vulgar

And if that mocking bird don't sing, mamas gonna buy you a diamond ring. And if that diamond ring turns brass, mamas gonna buy you a looking glass.

The scent of strawberries lingering in his hair as the strands tickled my skin, brought a strange sense of nostalgia. I had to remind myself that I was here for confrontation, not friendship. "I missed you Mori" he smiled, pulling away from our hug. "How have you been?" I asked, avoiding the subject of my own feelings. His smile fell, as the light from his eyes went away. "Why don't you come inside," he said rather lowly, almost in a whisper. If horror movies have taught me anything, it's not to be naive and walk right into a trap. "I'm pretty busy today...". "Oh yeah, doing what?". Goddammit. Why's it so hard to lie to him? "Nothing apparently" I gave in, walking right into the devil's den.

The first thing I noticed was the slight odor of wet paint. The second was the absence of red wine from a fallen bottle sitting on the counter. "Adonis...". "H-have a s-seat" he interrupted, gesturing over to a glass coffee table with decorative pillows underneath. I sat down cris cross apple sauce style, and placed my head in my palm, awaiting his confession. "So".
He sat down across from me, keeping his head hung low, possibly from shame but it was too early to tell. "I know you know about the video". "Oh" was all I could bring myself to say.

"If you're going to turn me in to the authorities I understand, this wouldn't be the first time I've had charges like this". It's bad enough that he's guilty of the crime but even worse that he won't bother to defend himself. "Lie to me, make something up" I pleaded. "I can't" he mumbled. I slammed my fist down on the table, allowing my anger to get the better of me. "I'm sorry Mori". My fingers pressed against the cool sharp blade that was hidden in my left pocket. There wasn't truly a reason to have it besides protection, at least that's what I tried convincing myself.

"I know...what you think of me".

"The corrupt cannot judge the corrupted".

Speaking of, I believe this calls for a meeting with my trusted council. The subconscious mind. We were all seated at a large round glass table. Moral compass was across from me, beside her Desire, and to my right there was trauma. "Well let's get this started before I kill someone", intrusive joked. I blinked, how in the world did intrusive get way down here? He's supposed to be on the top floor? "We're missing someone we can't start yet" Moral whispered. "You've lost weight" Desire snorted, poking at Morals' now visible ribs.
I glared, "you're always so rude". Desire shrugged, "you call it rude, I call it honest".

"ANYWAY!" Intrusive shouted. I pinched the bridge of my nose, trying to ease the tension building up in my temple. "Has anybody seen Rage today, he's supposed to be here". Everyone's eyes went to Trauma. "Stop looking at me like that, just because we're together a lot doesn't mean I know his whereabouts twenty for seven," Trauma said bitterly. Looks like some of Rage's habits were rubbing off on him. They're starting to sound the same. The door slammed open, and in walked Rage. He dominated every room he was in with his long powerful strides, broad shoulders, and charming smile.

"Mori, how have you been" he greeted, kissing me on the cheek. "Good". I'd be lying if I said I didn't have butterflies. He sat down to my left, nodding at everyone else. "H-hi Rage," Trauma said ever so faintly. "Shut up who asked you to speak?" Rage shouted. I was getting annoyed. What's the point of having a meeting if everyone was going to bicker the whole time. "Please don't argue!" Moral whispered. I felt bad for her, always the peacemaker. "Ugh I need a smoke, you got a light?" Rage asked Trauma. "If you're gonna smoke do it outside! I've told you countless times I hate that shit". He ignored me, leaning over so Trauma could light the cigar in his mouth. Is he seriously doing this right now?

"Ah", he blew the smoke in my face. "You shouldn't have done that Mori is piiiiiiiiiissed!" Intrusive yelled. "Not my problem". I wasn't about to sit here and be disrespected like that. I stood up, "Excuse me". His hand gripped my wrist, "sit your ass down". I silently submitted, hanging my head low from embarrassment. "Anyway let's begin, what's the topic?". "Adonis killing a cat". Desire moaned, "oooou I wanna make him my plaything so bad".
" you pervert!" Intrusive yelled. Jesus Christ, why is she always yelling?
"Mori looks maaaaaad". "SHUT UP INTRUSIVE, GODDAMN!" I screamed. "A change of scenery!" Trauma said in a desperate attempt to ease the tension.