No where to run

Like a moth drawn to a flame, I gravitated towards him. It didn't matter if I would disappear and lose myself in the process...just as long as I was engulfed in his warmth. My arms wrapped around his body and before I had time to regret it, "I missed you" slipped out of my mouth. Although it was delayed, he hugged me back. "You don't know what your talking about" he muttered. "Did you not miss me?" I asked while looking up into his eyes. He sighed, "just get in the car, it's freezing out here". I felt a familiar stab at my heart as tears threatened to spill from my eyes. "You're right" I whispered.

He opened the passenger side and closed the door once I was inside. Don't cry. Don't cry. DO NOT CRY. Just my luck. A single tear slid down my cheek as he got in. I chewed on the inside of my cheek, trying to prevent more from falling. "Are you going to tell me what the hell you're doing out here?" He asked after pulling out of the parking space. "I was-" my voice wavered, causing me to pause. I shook my head. "That's funny actually". He was defiantly mad. Juuuust great.

"You ignore my calls then all of a sudden when you need help, what do I get?". I scoffed, "you're acting like I shouldn't hate you for what you did". The car came to a stop. There was uncomfortably silence, the only sound I could hear was my heartbeat. Maybe I shouldn't have said that, I don't want him to kick me out. "Let's not argue anymore" he whispered. "Whatever". I was too sleepy to argue anyways. "Mori-". I turned my head away, looking out the window.

The heat blowing in my face was causing my eyes to grow heavy. I yawned, resting my head on the windowsill. "Go to sleep I'll wake you up when we're there". I shook my head, "no I don't trust you, I might wake up in a ditch somewhere". He laughed. The type of laugh that leaves you with tears. "You're not helping your case" I mumbled. "I'm not gonna kill you or anything". "Who knows Roman who knows" I whispered before shutting my eyes.

Blood spilled from my eyes and nose as I stared at my reflection. "You're helpless" a deep voice whispered in my ear, sending a chill down my spine. It sounded like Roman but there was no one else in my reflection. "I'm going to kill you" he said coldly. I felt his hands wrap around my throat, squeezing the sides to cut off oxygen. The reflection showed marks appearing on my neck despite no hand being visible. "I HATE YOU" I screamed. The mirror suddenly shattered.

"Hey wake up" Roman said somewhere off in the distance. I slowly opened my eyes, surprised to see him laying beside me. "You were squirming and making weird noises so I decided to wake you up". Really that's weird. I don't know how long I've been asleep or when I got here but I felt some sort of comfort waking up next to him. Ugh! Hated that.

"What is it you fear?". I sighed, "don't ask me that". Being afraid was embarrassing, it made me feel weak. Sometimes I wish I was like him, an emotionless robot. I glanced up at him, studying his expression as I gave my answer. "I'm scared that you'll leave me". He frowned then stopped once he saw me from the corner of his eye. He chuckled dryly, "you sure don't act like it". "Because you hurt me" my voice cracked. "I lost my temper but I promise it will never happen again". Could I trust him to keep his word?

"You lie to everyone else and even hid things from me so why should I believe you?". He took my hand and placed it over his heart, "I promise that as long as my heart is beating I'll never intentionally hurt you again". His heartbeat was clam and steady so I guess he was telling the truth. Then again I remember him telling me a while ago, that even in intense situations his heartbeat remains the same. I narrowed my eyes, "you're full of shit". He frowned, giving my hand a squeeze. "I'm being genuine". I rolled my eyes, "I forgive you then". It's not like I'll ever know if he was being genuine but he's making an effort so that's something.

"So are we friends again" he asked while brushing his thumb over my knuckles. Pffft
just friends? At least put a best in front. "So that's all I mean to you?" I pretended to pout. He stared blankly, not taking the hint. "We're lovers" I smirked, sitting up to give him a peck on the lips. He moved out of the way causing my lips to hit his cheek instead. I leaned back, looking in amusement at the confused look on his face. "What? Don't act so surprised when you pretended to be my boyfriend a while ago" I teased. All he did was stare. I rolled my eyes, "Jesus Christ you're no fun".