Chapter 10

Jenna takes my hand and steers me over to the edge of the dance floor where it’s quieter.

- “Charlie, look over there” Jenna says, nodding in the opposite direction. I turn my head to see Jordan and Harley walking into the club. Girls instantly surround them but Jordan waves over to us. Jenna takes my hand and we walk over to the boys.

-“Hey, what are you doing here?” I ask.

-“Oh, well you might have mentioned the club earlier, we thought we’d check it out” He says smiling cheekily in my direction. It makes my heart flutter slightly.  Suddenly all the girls grab my arms and pull me away.

-“Do you know them?” Laura says.

-“Yeah, we knew them as kids, went to school together” I say.

- “Oh my god .Why haven’t you said before? You have to introduce us!” Abby squeals.

- “Does my hair look alright?” Laura says, panicking. We take Laura and Abby over to the boys. They both freeze. “Okay, boys meet Laura and Abby” I say. Laura manages a ‘hi’. Jordan looks at her and his eyes light up. I get a sudden pang of jealousy. Laura is beautiful. She has sleek brown hair that she dyes red. She has a flawless smile, perfect skin and she is amazing at dancing. She smiles back at him. “Hello Laura,” He says. I steer the girls away.

 Jenna grabs my hand and spins me around.

-“It’s your song!” Jenna shouts, “Get out there and shine!” she says.

 The girls start clapping and the track starts up. Lights flash all around me and I feel the beat inside me. Hot right now starts up, loud and heavy and the girls push me into the circle of people that started to form. Everyone starts chanting my name. I catch Jordan’s eye and he smiles and winks at me. I lose my concentration for a split second. I get into the song, my moves are flawless, I practice this dance every day. It’s my dance. I smile the whole way through. Everyone is clapping and dancing. When it comes to the second chorus I start dancing my way over to Jordan and take his hat from him. Some of the boys wolf whistle so I decided to spice up the dance a bit. Jordan looks surprised. I adjust the hat and look in his direction. I finish the dance a bow. Jordan comes over to me.

-“That was awesome; I never knew you could dance like that!” He says. “But, can I have my hat back, it’s my favourite.” He says.

- “Nope, it fits me really well” I say.

 He goes to grab it but I duck out the way. Jordan smiles at me. Jenna’s song starts to play: Get Low. Everyone starts clapping and chanting. I push her into the circle. She is amazing at dancing. I stand there with Jordan. He is secretly trying to get his hat back but I keep hold of it. Once she’s finished she comes over to us and we keep dancing. I dance with Jenna for a while. After a while it catches my eye that Jordan is getting quite close to Laura. They dance together and jealousy forms inside me. I let go of Jenna’s arm and storm out he club.