Chapter 12

I wake up the next day. Jenna is gone. She’s probably in the kitchen making tea or something. I put the CD on the loudest setting and start singing at the top of my voice. I go upstairs still singing at the top of my lungs.

-“JENNA!!!! WILL YOU MAKE ME A CUP OF TEA, ACTUALLY WAIT, JORDAN SAID WE COULD GO ROUND TO HIS PLACE, SHALL WE GO?” I shout from upstairs.

No reply. I get dressed and finish getting ready in five minutes. I go back downstairs and turn the CD player off and go into the kitchen. I dance into the kitchen, still buzzing from last night. When I get into the kitchen I freeze. Jenna is there, dying with laughter, Jordan and Harley sitting next to her.

-“Nice singing Charlie,” Jordan says laughing.

I shoot him an evil stare. Jenna comes over to me.

-“Why didn’t you tell me they were here?” I whisper.

-“Because I love you, and I love embarrassing you,” Jenna says handing me my mug of tea.

Jordan is still smiling like mad.

-“I thought your singing was very good,” Jordan says, holding back the laughter. I throw a tea towel at him.

- “Hey!” He shouts.

- “Ha ha, serves you right!” I joke.

We sit and chat for ages, about their achievements over the past few years. They tell us about their favourite gigs and performances at the ITunes festival, and at Glastonbury. The awards they’ve got. We tell them about how bad school is and what we are aiming for when we are older. We say we want to go to stage school, become dancers, and be successful just like them. Jordan and Jenna put in the odd joke about me this morning. I just give them my evil stare each time they drop a joke about me.

Jenna turns on the radio and Ed Sheeran starts playing.

-“Oh, I love this song” I say.

-“Yeah me too, Ed’s a good friend of ours Harley says.

- “Thought he might be,” Jenna says, “You know everyone!” Jenna says.

-“I’ve all ways wanted to go to one of his gigs but he’s never come to our town” I say.

-“Well speaking of gigs, we’ve got one next week at the 02 arena, we’d love it if you could come,” Jordan says.

- “Really?” I ask.

-“Yeah, can you come,” Jordan asks.

-“Of course we can,” I say looking at Jenna.