Chapter 11

-“What’s wrong?” Jenna asks following me out of the club.

-“Nothing. I’m just tired” I mutter

-“Oh don’t play ignorance on me, you’re pissed because Jordan’s dancing with Laura aren’t you” Jenna says.

- “No, I promised you I was over him” I say.

- “Oh, don’t lie to me Charlie, it’s written all over your face. You’ve fallen for him. Again. I mean, stealing his hat like that, you promised me you wouldn’t fall for him again. He’ll only hurt you,” She says.

I look down at his hat in my hands. I bite my lip to hold back the tears.

- “I can’t help it, okay!” I yell. Tears rush down my face.

-“Oh Charlie, I’m sorry, I know you can’t. I’m sorry.” Jenna says hugging me. “Let’s go home” She says. “Movie and sweets on the sofa?” She asks. I nod and wipe away the tears. Jenna takes my hand and we walk over to the bus stop. My phone buzzes and I check it. “It’s Jordan” I say.

-“What does it say then?” Jenna asks.

-Hey, where have u gone?? -Jordan- . xx I show Jenna the text. She reassures me then only thing I have to look at are the two kisses Jordan let at the end of the text.

-home why? I text back

-Oh, I was just bored when you left (btw, you still have my hat)

-well you seem to be enjoying yourself with Laura (btw, Ur hats mine now!!)

-Oh her, nothing special. U will suffer if I don’t get my hat back

- Uhhhh, I’m scared

-U should be!!! Xx I look at Jenna. “He’s flirting with you” She says smiling. “Really?” I say. “Yeah!” Jenna says.

When we get back to Jenna’s house we flop down on the sofa with our duvets and a big bowl of popcorn and jelly babies.