Chapter 16

The music starts up and the boys run onto the stage dancing and goofing around. We’ve got the best view from backstage. The music is thumping and the lights flashing. They play their old stuff and their new stuff, and then suddenly Ed Sheeran appears next to us.

-“Hello ladies, how are you tonight?” He says. I freeze and look at Jenna.

- “Hello” I say.

- “Hi,” Jenna says. The boys introduce him on stage and the crowd start screaming.

- “Got to go, hope you enjoy,” He says.

Jenna looks at me and squeals -“Oh my god,” She whispers.

Ed sings some of his songs and they do their new song together. They are all jumping around on stage, mucking around. Jenna and I dance around and sing along backstage. Ed plays his guitar, Harley sings and Jordan raps. As the concert starts to finish and the boys says their goodbyes the security guard comes to take us away so the boys can get changed. He leaves us to wait in the corridor outside their dressing room.

-They’ll be ready in about ten minutes” the security guard says.

-Okay, thank you,” I say.

We wait out in the corridor when I hear a familiar voice.

“Well if it isn’t the two freaks,” Chantelle says. A ripple of laughter goes through her group of friends.

“What are you doing here?” Jenna asks.

“What do you think, we’re here to see Jordan,” she says. “What are you doing here?” Chantelle asks, flicking her hair.

“Actually, we’re here with Jordan and Harley,” I say.

Chantelle laughs. –“Why would Harley and Jordan be here with you?” Chantelle says.

The dressing room door opens and Jordan and Harley walk out. The girls all start screaming, their mobile phones flashing. Chantelle rushes up to the boys pouting and posing for her friends cameras. Harley’s face is priceless. He turns to look at Jenna and I and mouths ‘help’ to us. Jenna laughs at him.

-“Girls, girls. We’d love to stay but we have other things to do,” Jordan says, signing autographs.

The girls scream and shout. Jordan turns to us and guides us through the crush of girls and into the dressing room. I turn round to see the look on Chantelle’s face. She is frowning and bitching to the other girls. I smile at her and turn away to talk to Jordan.