/seven/

"park jisung?" ten called out, ticking the roll-call upon hearing a meek 'yeah' from somewhere around the table

"park jisung?" ten called out, ticking the roll-call upon hearing a meek 'yeah' from somewhere around the table. "and last but not least, mark lee?"

"here."

the student council president looked over at the boy through his overgrown, wavy black locks. a small, almost unnoticeable smile graced his usually calm and indifferent expression. "well," ten started, looking around the table of twenty students, his brow raised in question. "any complaints about the school?"

~

"thank you all for attending this meeting. the next one will be marked in the calendar for the monday after next," ten announced to the group who were already packing up to leave school.

"thanks, man." mark pulled the shorter in for a bro-hug and patted his back before he too headed to the door.

"you ready?"

he looked up from the floor to see jaemin leaning against the wall. his brown hair perfectly complimented his defined features. mark was in too deep to be pulled back now.

"when it comes to ice-cream...hell yeah," he cheerfully replied, walking over with a small smile. "and when it comes to spending time with you...i guess."

"get a room!" ten, who finally exited to council's room, exclaimed, only to receive an unamused look from both boys. "just sayin'."

the clicking of the eldest's footsteps finally faded until they became no more.

"want to head out?"

there was a dead silence that had settled over the school with the students having all gone home. mark's words echoed through the seemingly endless halls until they too disappeared.

"lead the way."

• • •

"so then i was telling him that the toilet seat was hanging off, and ten said 'well what am i meant to do?' and i was thinking, you're the student council president...that's your job!"

jaemin watched the older rant, his cheek resting upon his palm which was being supported by the aesthetic, pastel blue tables that were scarcely scattered around the quaint, little ice-cream parlour.

his eyes shone with utter adoration as the painfully oblivious boy continued to giggle at the meetings contents. "you have such a cute smile," he cooed, poking mark's cheek teasingly.

"i'm not cute!" the canadian whined childishly, his brows furrowed with frustration as he scooped another bite of the ice-cream into his mouth, eyeing the boy opposite him with a slight glare.

"you are to me."

before mark could retort, the young cashier came over with napkins, placing them down beside them gently.

"thanks jungwoo," jaemin enthusiastically said. "do you have your exams coming up soon?" he pressed, turning his full attention to their friend of sorts. too busy with the eldest, jaemin didn't notice the small pout that mark sported.

"i tell you, school can't get any busier. senior year is hell. enjoy the easy stuff while it lasts," the blonde chuckled, ruffling the younger's hair fondly before heading back to the counter.

"pay attention to me," mark mumbled with a sour jealously lacing his words.

"you are such a baby," jaemin whispered, his eyes looking to the empty cup that once held his treat. "how about we head home now. next time i see you, it'll be right before the final."

"shall we?"