/ten/

"about time!" a loud voice chimed from down the hallway

"about time!" a loud voice chimed from down the hallway. there, leaning against his locker stood ten, who narrowed his eyes at the couple's interlaced fingers. "i never thought that you two would finally get yourselves together and confess. isn't that right yuta?"

a locker on the other side of the hallways slammed shut, grabbing the pair's attention. "i agree," he added, strolling over to the three boys with a small grin. "took you long enough."

mark ran his thumb over the palm of jaemin's hand while he looked to their teasing friends, rolling his eyes.

"oh yeah," the tallest added, leaning forward to pat jaemin's shoulder. "the purple is really pretty," he whispered, looking at how gorgeous the glow of the sun looked as it hit their unhidden eyes.

almost forgetting that he no longer had to hide it, mark reached his hand up to hover over that half of his face. ten leaned forward immediately, a frown tugging at his lips as he dragged it away from the stunning feature. "it looks great. and you guys can finally show the world that you're soulmates." 

both boys sheepishly grinned before thanking the older two for the encouraging compliments.

"well, i should be getting to class," the shorter groaned, leaning in to hug both mark and jaemin at the same time. "i'm so happy for you both." he pulled back, looking from one to the other while holding his chest. "they grow up so fast," he joked, wiping a fake tear from his eyes.
suddenly, his whole demeanour changed to one of professionalism as he whipped his head over to look at mark. "see you in the student council meeting later?"

"sure thing, president."

with a quick salut, the eldest left their sight, leaving the last three to chat.

yuta leaned over to ruffle their hair with a toothy grin. "back to practice tonight, captain," he preconised as he walked away. "we'll need to win that final next year."

jaemin only chuckled at this as his teammate walked away.

the hallways were still buzzing with students rushing to their classes, but being on time was the least of their worries as mark leaned down to place a short but sweet kiss to jaemin's lips.

"should we go to history?"

"...or we could skip?..."

• • •

the end...