/nine/

"royal purple

"royal purple...how pretty," jaemin hummed as he snuggled further into the older's chest. his arm was wrapped around mark's waist and his cheek was nuzzled into the other's neck.

"you have it too," mark whispered back while he lifted jaemin's chin up to inspect the rich purple colour that had previously been a curse to both of them. "and it looks even prettier on you."

it must have been the early hours of the morning, yet neither of the boys could seem to sleep. way too much had happened that day to even consider doing so. they lay upon mark's bed in the dimly lit room, holding onto each other as if it were all a dream that would fade in the morning.

the moon shone through the windows, allowing a small amount of brightness into the room. the silence fell between them again as they both thought through the day's events. "how have we not figured this out before?" mark whispered hoarsely, pulling the taller in even closer. "we've known each other for so long."

"it was all because you wouldn't show me your link," the brunette teased, poking his mark's cheek annoyingly.

"neither would you!"

"hush...go to sleep," jaemin whispered, slapping the older's shoulder before resting his head back on it. "we can talk more about it tomorrow."

silence...

mark wasn't even sure if jaemin was awake anymore as he hesitantly looked down to the younger, feeling his heart ache with this doubt. "jaemin?" he weakly asked, hearing a small hum of acknowledgment. "do you even like me in that way?"

"i love you mark. now go the hell to sleep!"

the ravenette chuckled quietly, leaning down with less hesitance than before and gently kissed his soulmate's lips. "i love you too."