/four/

as always, the two boys strolled to the canteen after their very boring history class

jaemin blinked back the utter exhaustion he felt, his head pounding with an oncoming headache. he wouldn't mind betting that the increasing stress of winning friday's match was finally getting to him.

"you okay?" mark quietly asked, his hands in his pockets and his eyes narrowed at the slumping form of his friend. "you're stressed, aren't you?"

Jaemin's quirked his brow, a curious glint in his eyes. "how could you tell?"

the older stepped forward in the queue, contemplating his answer for a moment before replying. "i can just feel it."

jaemin collected his food, following the shorter to their usual table. he took a seat opposite the ravenette. "i guess it's our soulmate bond," the younger joked, taking a sip from the juice box, his eyes still fixed on mark.

"don't say that," the older mumbled with a small yet noticeable grin. "i've set my standards higher than you. it'll just take me time to find my destined other."

"standards higher than me?" the korean boy challenged, eyeing his best friend with a glare. "i'd like to see you try to find someone better than me."

"you'll see, jaem. the day i find my soulmate, you'll be the first to know."

jaemin couldn't stop the pout that became apparent on his face at the thought of his best friend with someone else.

we'll both find our own soulmates, the boy had told himself as he battled the fluttering feeling that erupted in his stomach whenever he was with mark. i'll forget all about this stupid crush. "but i'll still be your favourite, won't i?" he childishly battled, refusing to lose to someone that neither had met.

"of course you will be. you're na jaemin."

"and you're late." both boys looked up at the new arrival, noticing the blue hue that decorated his eyes quite beautifully. "for the basketball meeting that is...captain."

this elicited a groan from the reluctant teammate as he pulled himself up from the canteen chair and towards yuta. "is it even worth it?" he whined, hands grasping onto the taller's shoulders.

"well coach isn't too happy that you forgot our team meeting," the older mumbled, ruffling jaemin's hair with a toothy grin. "it isn't that bad," he reassured, forcing the younger to stand straight. "we have a few more practices after this meeting, and then we'll be on the road to victory."

jaemin looked into the older's eyes, watching
as the sapphire blue faded and faded until they were left as his usual coco brown colour. "see him again?" he asked with a tilted head and pursed lips. yuta hummed in response, guiding the shorter from the table.

leaving the topic there, not wanting to press yuta to answer too much, jaemin spun around on his heel to face the table he had stepped away from. "see ya later, mark," the youngest called back, waving with little enthusiasm.

"enjoy the boredom, dear friend."