Clow Reed Returns

A few weeks earlier in Hong Kong;

In a dimly lit room, a young woman with long, braided black hair sat quietly on the cold concrete floor. Her eyes were closed in deep concentration, and her expression showed a calm determination. She sat cross-legged, her arms resting on her knees with her palms facing upward in a meditative posture.

Just a few more seconds, she whispered to herself, her lips curling into a sly, almost sinister grin.

"Three... two... one."

With uncanny precision, the room convulsed violently, the walls cracking and splintering as debris rained down like the remnants of forgotten history. Rising to her feet, the young woman's grin widened into a triumphant smile, her eyes gleaming with malevolent satisfaction. "Now that I am free," she murmured in a chilling tone, her eyes aglow with an inner fire, "I will seek you out, Clow Reed, and make you regret the eternity you imprisoned me."

Her voice rose, filled with righteous fury, as she surveyed the chaos around her. With a deliberate motion, she drew her hands together, eyes closed in unwavering concentration. Magic surged around her, a torrent of energy focused on pinpointing the elusive aura of Clow Reed.

"Found you," she hissed with wicked delight, disappearing in a shroud of inky smoke.

Present day in Japan;

Tomoyo had decided it was best to keep Sakura's mind off a certain Chinese boy, so they spent the first day without the Li cousins exploring the city's shops. Tomoyo, always on the lookout for inspiration for Sakura's battle outfits, enjoyed browsing the latest fashion trends. She carried a notebook and pen, diligently noting what she liked and what could be improved.

As they turned a corner, Sakura suddenly stopped in her tracks, her eyes widening in surprise.

"What's wrong, Sakura?" Tomoyo asked, noticing her friend's sudden change in demeanor.

Sakura looked around with a furrowed brow, her eyes scanning the crowd. "I thought I felt Clow Reed's presence, close by," she said, her voice filled with uncertainty.

"Clow Reed? Are you sure?" Tomoyo replied, her tone laced with disbelief. They knew the only person with an aura like Clow Reed's was Eriol Hiiragizawa, who was currently in England. Although Tomoyo lacked magical abilities, she was perceptive and often noticed things others didn't.

Sakura nodded slowly, still scanning the area. "It was brief, but I'm sure of it. It felt like his presence."

Tomoyo gently clasped Sakura's hand, offering a warm, comforting touch. With a reassuring smile, she guided her friend towards another aisle in the trendy shop. "Don't worry, Sakura. If Hiragizawa is really here, he'll make his presence known in due time. For now, let's focus on something more cheerful, like these fantastic outfits. You might even find something perfect for your next adventure!"

Later, Sakura sat at her desk, surrounded by a fortress of textbooks and papers, the study session a welcome distraction. Kero lounged on her bed, indulging in a tray of cookies that seemed to multiply the more he ate.

"I can't believe you left your homework in your bag again," Kero said, scattering cookie crumbs with each word. "You really need to make a habit of doing it as soon as you get home."

Sakura sighed, her eyes focused intently on the math problems in front of her. "It slipped my mind, Kero. I've been so caught up in practicing my magic."

Kero, clearly annoyed by Sakura's answer, chomped down on another cookie with a bit more force than necessary, his wings twitching slightly. "You need to balance your studies and your magic," he insisted, the irritation in his voice evident. He paused to swallow, then added, "They're both important parts of your life."