Fem!Vergil x Left behind!Male!Reader

It was a cold, rainy night. Y/n, the knight of the Order of the Sword was sleeping after his mission. He was woken up by the banging on his house's door. He tried to ignore it, but he wasn't able to after it continued for a while. Y/n got up from the bed and walked up to the door. He opened it and froze. The memories of the night, that took place almost a year ago, came flowing in his mind.

Flashback

Y/n was walking down the street, watching as the residents of Fortuna left the church and made their ways to their businesses. Y/n spotted a figure, walking in the opposite direction. The person was covered with a cloak and something made Y/n follow that person. He had a feeling that something was about to happen. The figure walked in an alley and stopped. Y/n hid behind the corner.

-Show yourself. - Y/n heard the voice. He sighed and went out of his hideout. - Who are you? - questioned the woman.

-Y/n, the knight of the Order of the Sword. - he said and put his hand on his weapon.

-You are not human. - she pointed out.

-I'm a hybrid. - nodded Y/n. - You are too.

-Indeed.

They stepped closer to each other. They tried to stop their demon sides, but they couldn't. They felt the mating bond and let their bodies act on their own. They connected their lips in a kiss, but Y/n pulled away after a second. His mind was working enough to get her name and take her home.

End of flashback.

-Vergilia? - he breathed out. She left him the morning after that memorable night. - What are you doing here? - Y/n widened his eyes when he noticed a small bundle of blankets in her arms.

-Will you let me in? - she asked disregarding his previous questions.

-Of course. - he nodded and stepped to the side, letting her in. That's when he heard the baby cry.

-It's okay Nero. - she said rocking the bundle gently. - Bring me a dry blanket. - she commnded to Y/n. He did what he was told. When he came back he saw a baby laying in Vergilia's lap. Y/n felt anger and jealousy that his mate left him and had a baby with someone else.

-Will you tell me why did you come here? - asked Y/n as Vergilia wrapped the baby in the dry blanket, warming him up.

-Well, you told me I can come back to you whenever I want. I need you to take care of him. - she said frowning. - It's too dangerous for him to be around me.

-Bring him to his father. - snorted Y/n.

-I did. - Vergilia looked stright into his eyes. - Nero is your son. You need to protect him.

-You can't just leave him here with me and walk away. - argued Y/n. - What about me? My life? I can't raise a baby alone.

-You're better choice than me. - said Vergilia. She kissed Nero's forehead and stood up. She went to the door and was ready to step through them.

-If you will leave now, don't you dare to come back. - said Y/n, his heart breaking in tiny pieces.

-Goodbye Y/n. - she said and closed the door behind her. Y/n wanted to run after her, but Nero started crying. Y/n made his way to the baby and pick him up.

-What will we do now little one? -asked Y/n.

He held back the mixture of feelings that he felt. He promised to himself to take the best care of his son. After all it was all that was left after his mate. Y/n carried Nero to the bedroom and lulled him to sleep. Y/n put the pillows around the baby and prapped his arm around Nero protectively. Y/n closed his eyes and fell asleep as well.

He was woken up again three hours later. He growled and took the sword in his hand as he went up to the door. He had to arm himslef, he had a baby to protect. Y/n checked if Nero was still asleep, then he made his way to the door. He opened it and frowned seeing Vergilia on his porch for the second time that night.

-I bought suplies. - she said pushing Y/n back. He closed the door and watched as she unpacked everything. She put the diapers and baby food wherever she found suitable. After she was done Y/n spoke up.

-So now you are leaving. - he said.

-No. - sighed Vergilia. - I can't just leave Nero behind. Nero and you. - she added quieter.

Y/n walked up to her. He slowly wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in his chest. Vergilia didn't oppose. She was scared that she wouldn't be strong enough to protect them, but at leat she will be around. How would she protect her family if she would be away from them?

-Let's go to sleep. - Y/n muttered with his lips against Vergilia's forehead.