34 + 35 - Soobin 🔞

Where is he?

It's 8:42 pm and Soobin is late for our study session. He's supposed to meet me here at the library to study for his upcoming exam.

I've already picked out the perfect spot — a large table by the window, overlooking our university campus. It's late, so the library is pretty empty. Still, there are a few students lingering around the different study areas. Most people are studying silently, with a few groups chatting quietly while they work.

I check my phone again to see if he's texted me when I suddenly feel a large figure stand next to me.

"Hi noona — sorry I'm late," Soobin smiles bashfully, putting his backpack down on the table to pull out his laptop and notebook. "I ran into some people on the way here so..."

"It's okay, Soobin," I smile, shifting my things to the side so he can have space. "Is this table okay for you?"

He sits down next to me and looks up, his dimples in full display as he smiles sweetly at me. The sleeves of his sweater slightly rolled up, his black hair parted to the side. I just can't stop looking at him.

He's so cute.

"Yeah, it's great—" he looks down at it, pulling out the chair to sit next to me. I grab my pen and slide my notebook over as he opens up his laptop, feeling his knee brush up against mine under the table.

Focus. You're not here to flirt--

"Noona, I-- um, my professor recommended a book today. Do you think you could help me find it?" he glances over at the shelves of books behind us and pulls out his phone to show me a picture of it.

"Yeah, I'll get it for you-- you go ahead and get started on today's exercises," I smile, pushing the table away to slide my chair back, but as I get up I trip over his shoes and fall on him slightly. "Ohmygod, I'm so sorry--"

"It's okay-- you alright?" he laughs, holding on to my arm as I laugh nervously, pushing myself off of him to regain my balance.

"Yeah, I'm fine..." I smile and quickly shuffle away to find his book.

Okay, you need to calm down.

Ever since Dr. Kim assigned me as his tutor, I haven't stopped thinking about him. I look forward to our study session each week, fretting over what to wear, wondering if he'll ever get the sense that I'm into him.

I just feel this electricity between us... and I'm not usually attracted to younger guys, but Soobin is just--

I remember the first week of class, he was sitting in the front row, leaning back on the fold-out chair, his knees spread apart as he watched me, biting on the top of his pen. I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

There's something about his quiet and reserved demeanor that makes me want to dig deeper, explore more... every time I look into his eyes I get the sense that there's something there.

A spark.

But I can't think about that right now. We need to study for his test.

So, I walk to the shelves behind us and scan the rows of books for a few minutes until I find the right section. I trace my finger through the books hoping to find the right author, but soon I realize the book I'm looking for is probably above me.

Ugh, why am I so short.

I get on my tiptoes and see the book is right there, so I reach my arm up as high as I can but I can't reach it. I sigh out in frustration, jumping up and down quickly, trying to grab the book but it's just--