Sweet Escape 9

Sweet Escape 9

It's getting later, and Meredith is getting a little weary, and Addison senses this, so she suggests they come back later in the week.

"Yes, please do," says Susan Grey. "And I might bring groceries to your place as well," she smiles.

"Oh, you don't have to-" says Meredith.

"It's my treat," Susan smiles.

"Thanks..." Meredith looks down shyly.

"Oh, Meredith, you're leaving," Thatcher fumbles into the doorway to say goodbye. "You'll have to come over again sometime," he guffaws.

"Yeah..." says Meredith.

"Thank you, it was lovely," says Addison.

"Come by anytime," says Susan Grey.

"Absolutely," says Addison.

The pair of them head off, and Addison asks Meredith if she wants to have dinner after.

"Aren't you busy... Or something?" Meredith asks tensely. "Not that I don't want to, but I figure you're busy..." Meredith asks her.

"Well, I just moved here. I don't have a lot of friends, and I thought it would be nice," Addison offers.

"Okay then," Meredith smiles.

"Do you want to pick the place? I don't really know my way around here," Addison's eyes crinkle as she smiles.

"Do you like noodles?" Meredith asks Addison.

"Who doesn't like noodles," Addison smiles.

Meredith directs them to her favorite ramen place, and they order from the window and get cute little takeout boxes with chopsticks.

"So, how are you feeling?" Addison asks Meredith.

"Conflicted," Meredith sighs. "They seem great, and it's hard," she adds.

"I hear that," says Addison.

"Family is always... Hard..." says Meredith.

"I hear you on that one," Addison chuckles. "I mixed my father's drinks when I was eight," says Addison.

"Sorry," says Meredith.

"I got really good at mixing his drinks," Addison laughs. "No seriously, this one cocktail, I think I've perfected it," Addison laughs until Meredith starts laughing along with her.

"My mother was never home. And now seeing the way that Molly and Lexie grew up, I can't help but feel angry about what I missed out on. Thatcher didn't want me the way he talks about Lexie, or Molly, or Laura. He doesn't know me-" Meredith bursts out into tears, and Addison puts their noodles aside so that Addison can comfort her.

"Hey, he's an adult. He's trying to get to know you, but it can be hard. You've grown up into someone very successful, it's made you who you are," Addison smiles.

"Well, I can hardly stand my very nice roommates. Usually there's something on my shirt. The Chief bounces back and forth between pretending to be my dad, my boss, and my friend with all the wrong timing... Okay, I complain too much. Being a doctor is okay I guess," Meredith finally smiles.

"I live in a hotel. I nearly only eat room service, so this takeout is a treat. I flew here from New York because I left Mark who I cheated with, and I'm still not sure yet if he ever knew I was pregnant with his baby before I wasn't anymore," Addison sighs. "But I love my job, and I'm good at it. And we're getting along, and that's nice," Addison smiles.