Sweet Escape

Author's note:

Ah, a fake-dating fic. With a different plotline than some others that folks have in the works. Enjoy the hilarity!

bobbiejelly

Sweet Escape

"So... My daddy's here, and he wants to have me over for dinner. Or rather, my step-mother wants to have me over for dinner with him. My father. Who has a whole new life and a whole new family without me, and now they want to have me over for dinner, and Derek broke up with me because I drowned myself, even though it was only for a split-second when I hadn't figured it out yet, and I don't want to go to dinner with them alone!" Meredith rambles, trying to convince any one of her friends to accompany her.

"I'll cook," offers Izzie.

"I'll eat, but that's about it," offers Alex.

"I have surgery," offers Cristina.

"CRISTINA!?" Says Meredith, incredulously.

"What?" Says Cristina. "At least you have a daddy. Mine's dead," she deadpans, and Meredith sighs.

"Alright, well, what am I gonna do now? Ooh! George!" Meredith tries.

"I'm married, Meredith," George offers.

"Right..." Meredith sighs. "You have married-man things to do. Hmm... Could I borrow Burke then?" Meredith asks Cristina.

"Hahahahhaha, you want to borrow Preston Burke as your buffer for dinner? Oh, no. Definitely not. After my surgery he's coming home with me so we can-" Cristina starts, until Meredith rolls her eyes and stops her train of thought.

"Dude, you could ask McSteamy? Or, I'll ask Sloan for you, hey, maybe that'll win me some points for plastics..." Alex muses.

"No! It can' be McSteamy. I've got enough trouble already with dumping McDreamy. I do not need McSteamy on top of all of this!" Says Meredith.

"Wait, you're worried about falling for McSteamy now that McDreamy's burned over your bridge again?!" Izzie giggles.

"Well..." Meredith twirls her hair around her head.

"Right..." Says George. Well, you'll just have to pick someone you could never fall for as your guest. You can borrow Callie if you want to?" George offers.

"Dude, you're loaning her your wife?" Says Alex.

"She'll do it if I ask really nicely, and if I promise to-" George begins, until Izzie shakes her head at him.

"Sorry Meredith, but I have a surgery after. I would though, for you though. Because your mom just died. Not for George, because, for the record, I don't just do whatever he asks me to," says Callie after she materializes from around the corner.

"Doctors?" None other than Richard Webber appears.

"Chief!" Meredith exclaims squeakily.

"Hello," all the other interns plus Callie say in chorus.

"Well, hello there. So there are some exciting surgeries today that Dr. Bailey will speak with you about them, and I'm about to meet the board candidates today, so I'll be busy, but have a good one," says Richard before walking away.

"You could ask the Chief? I mean, he's probably free because he's not with Adele, right?" Offers Callie.

"Umm, no," says Meredith.

"Why not?" Callie asks innocently.

"Because the Chief banged my mother, so my father's not so fond of him," Meredith deadpans.