Chapter 12

"Inomata, where are you headed?" Yuna asked as she approached the girl. "To the library to study." She replied as Yuna nodded. Of course Inomata was studying. "Well, can I come along? I wanted to redo my notes." She said as Inomata smiled, "Of course Hatogai!" she said as they walked together.

Passing by the Class C classroom, they overheard the girls gossiping about Kashima and Hayato.

"Oh, also, Kashima seems pretty friendly with Inomata-san from class A, doesn't he?"
"Ever hear the rumors that they're romantically involved?"
"I'm sure that's not true! I mean, you know Inomata-san. She's 100% not the romance type."
"You've heard her. "Studying is all that matters!" and stuff."
"Oh please! No one could live their life like that!"

"Also Kamitani is really close to Hatogai, don't you think?"
"They've been friends since middle school, so I guess they are."
"They walk together and go to the same clubs, I say they're dating!"
"I hope so! They look really good together, Stoic and Sunshine pair is my kind of thing!"
"They're both so hot it's almost unfair!"

The girls all giggled at their chatting. Inomata pauses by the opened classroom door as Yuna sighed, seeing her glare at the gossiping girls. The girls all stopped in fear of her piercing eyes.

"Hey, Inomata-san, Hatogai-san!" a familiar voice greeted as the two Class A girls turned to Kashima and Hayato. "What's the matter? You need something in our class?" he asked them. Yuna smiled, "Hello Kashima. We were just passing by, no worries." She smiled.

In contrast, Inomata directed her angry glare at the gossiping girls, "I don't know why the rest of you come to school, but if you're going to engage in petty gossip, at least have the decency to shut the door first!" she scolded before walking away.

Yuna lets out a sigh and turned to the class, "Sorry about that. But next time you gossip about others, please do keep your voice down, other people can hear it in the hallways and misunderstand things." She gently reminded before turning to Kashima and Hayato. "I'm going to follow Inomata, see you guys later. Also, you left your apron on again, Kashima." She chuckled before skipping off to follow Inomata.

"They're like Night and Day." One of the guys commented, seeing the difference of Inomata's angry strict scolding to Yuna's soft gentle reminder. Kashima on the other hand, hurriedly took off his apron, "I forgot to take it off!" he exclaimed.

"I was wondering why you didn't take it off. You just forgot?" Hayato said as his eyes were glued on where Yuna was. "Pretty absent-minded." Just like another person he knows well. "If you noticed, you should've told me!" Kashima exclaimed in embarrassment.

As the two bantered, Hayato bluntly pointed out the stickers on Kashima's butt that the boy also didn't notice, the girls all cooed in admiration for the boys. "Oh god! Kashima-kun's so cute!" one said as the other smiled widely, "And Kamitani's freaking hot! Totally ice cold, though..." another squealed.

"I don't understand women's ranking systems..." one of the boys sighed out. "It's about looks. We all know that." His friend stated the obvious truth, all of them feeling sad and a bit envious.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Inomata, please calm down. Gossip is just gossip." Yuna said, matching Inomata's hurried pace. That snapped Inomata out of her thoughts. "Y-You're right Hatogai. They're all just rumors and gossip with no basis." She nodded, calming down.