Chapter 27

"So you're both together now?" Kashima asked the pair as they dropped Taka off in the daycare. Flushed red, Yuna offers a shy grin, "Ye-Yes... we are." She answered. Her blue eyes were averted away from their friend and the babies staring their way curiously.

"Yeah. We're dating." Hayato, our very blunt Hayato, followed up, raising their interlocked fingers as proof. Yuna at that moment wanted to die of red embarrassment.

"How straightforward, Kamitani..." Kashima said with a small sweatdrop. Usaida smirked their way from his place lying down, "Love is in the air~ You look like newlyweds." He teased them with a grin.

As Hayato went to stomp on the sleepy man, Kirin patted Yuna's leg to get her attention. "Yuna-nee-chama, you and Hayato-nii-chama...?" she asked her innocently. With her blush going redder, Yuna sheepishly smiled while crouching down to the kids' level.

"Yep, Hayato and I love each other so we're together." Yuna said with a small chirp. She made sure to keep it direct and simple so that the kids will somehow understand. Indeed, the kids were sparkly eyed at the news. Small chants and cheers resounded from the children, making Yuna chuckle.

"Kashima... I can die happy now."
"Don't say that with a straight face, Kamitani-!!"

Kashima sighed at his blunt friend before directing his gaze at the scene with a small smile. "I'm glad that you and Hatogai-san finally got together now. Congratulations." He grinned at his friend.

Kamitani nodded his way, "Yeah, thanks." He said back. Usaida at the back lets out a yawn, "About time you both get together. I got impatient with your pining." He drawled out with a lazy tone.

"Usaida-san..." Kashima sighed out as Kamitani scowled openly at the adult. "Leave Usaida-san be. We still have classes." Yuna appeared before them, sending a disappointed look at the pink haired man.

"Right! We'll be back later, Usaida-san!" Kashima exclaimed as the 3 students headed out, leaving the kids to go disturb Usaida as per usual.

"Will you tell anyone else about your, uhm, relationship?" Kashima asked the duo as they walked to their respective classes. Yuna pursed her lips, "I would like to avoid gossip and lie low, honestly..." she sighed out.

Who knows how this news will break out after the whole school finding out?

Hayato nodded, "Only you guys need to know." He stated. He also wants to avoid the troublesome gossip about to come if they were to publicize their dating status.

Kashima smiled, "Understood. I'll keep it a secret as well." He said with an understanding smile. He respects their decision of hiding it for now, considering both of their popularity.

'How many girls and boys will be heartbroken...?' he then questioned to himself as they reached the 1st year classrooms. With waves, the trio departed and started school.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Before anyone knew it... it was dismissal time and classes have ended.

"U-Uhm-!" someone called out as Yuna turned to the boy behind her. "Ha-Hatogai-san..." the guy meekly called out, making the girl tilt her head in question. Beside her was Inomata, who had furrowed brows at the guy, not exactly liking the idea of being stopped from going to the library with her friend.

"What is it, Watase-san?" Yuna asked politely, properly facing the boy. The boy was from Class A, Watase Ren, with dark brown hair and gray eyes. He was relatively silent and shy in personality, so it was a small surprise to see him take the courage to speak up in a crowded corridor.