Chapter 125: Call Him Out

Meredith sat on her bed in a daze. It had become part of her day to see Mark. She didn't know how he would swing it. He was an intern just like Derek. Not only that, but his hospital was farther away. She knew him and he was an arrogant ass. Even as an intern, she was sure that he was pushing everyone else around. The thought of Mark at all made her stomach knot up. Meredith's stomach had knotted up in the past, but Mark made it the worst. He sent her in a mental frenzy.

The open tub of cocoa butter sat on the bed. She knew there were much better products, probably even much more expensive products, but that is what Derek insisted on. He had heard his mom talk about it over and over again. She appeased him, knowing that in some way, it made him feel connected to his mother again. She had to admit, the butter made her skin ultra soft. The open tub sat there as Meredith stared at the wall, not thinking of anything. She was just feeling guilt.

Derek stared at his wife. She didn't even notice him standing in the doorframe. She was acting so oddly lately. He had no idea how to put his finger on it. It just wasn't right. She was there, but she wasn't. He had been expecting something different. He was expecting mood swings. He was expecting cravings. There was nothing. She was just absent.

Derek walked up behind her and placed his hands on her shoulders. She nearly jumped out of her skin when she felt his touch. Derek was in shock at her tenseness.

"Whoa, honey. What was that?" He asked as he rested his hands on her shoulders and looked at the back of her head.

"What? Oh... I was just thinking. I'm fine, Der." She said with a nod as she looked back. It hit her hard and fast that she needed to try to relax. She knew he knew something was up.

"Are you okay, honey? You are so tense." He said as he kneaded her shoulders in shock. He couldn't believe what she was holding on her shoulders. He was sure that it was the weight of the world, although he wasn't sure why. "What's going on?" He asked softly.

"Nothing." Meredith replied as she took in a breath and sighed. "Just tired, I guess." He said with a shrug as she grabbed the cocoa butter and twisted the top on. She could feel the love through Derek's hands. The only problem was, she wondered if she deserved that love. she was sure that she did not.

"Maybe you need to quit the diner, Mer." Derek suggested with a nod. "I mean, you aren't that far off from giving birth. You will pop behind that counter." He told her . The truth was, they weren't comfortable but they were okay and if she had to stop working, they could handle it for awhile.

"No, Derek I like it there. I'm fine." She told him firmly. Even if Mark did come in, she liked the job. As she thought about Derek's words, she felt a shiver crawl up her spine, the baby wasn't that far off. He was right about that, and she wasn't ready.

"You smell so good, baby." Derek said as he kissed her neck gently. Meredith always melted when she felt his tongue on her neck. She melted at his touch. She let out a sigh as his arms enveloped her and rubbed her swollen abdomen.

"Mmm..." Meredith moaned as she closed her eyes and laid her head back. She wanted Derek to hold her in his loving arms and never let go. Maybe there she could feel better, even though she was sure she would not.

"Oh, baby... I've missed you." Derek said as he ran his hands down her sides and began to slide her pants off. They were cottony soft under his fingers. "I want to take you just like this." He told her, knowing her abdomen got in the way everywhere else.

"Yes." Meredith agreed as she kicked off her pants and panties, letting them fall to the bottom of the bed.

"Let me get naked. He wants you bad." Derek said as he looked down at his hard cock. He hadn't tasted her in so long and he was more than ready for her. As he shimmied out of his pajama pants, she scooted backwards. "Oh no you don't." He said as he stopped her.