24

Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were still sitting at their lunch table when Tsukishima said,

"Hey, Yamaguchi. Do you want to meet up somewhere to work on our project again?"

To say the least, Yamaguchi was surprised. Tsukishima wasn't the most forward person out there, so for him to ask for them to hang out after school was major.

"Sure! Where do you want to go?" Yamaguchi replied, sure that he was imagining the faint blush dusting Tsukishima's cheeks.

"I was thinking my house, but we could go somewhere else if you like."

Yamaguchi screamed internally.

"That works for me! I'll meet you at the gates when school lets out, ok?"

"Cool," Tsukishima replied, going back to picking at his food. Right then the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. The pair threw out their trash and made their way to English class. Yamaguchi was talking about something he had seen on TV last night while Tsukishima listened, secretly memorizing each face and expression Yamaguchi made.

The blond thought it was cute, but he wasn't admitting anything.

~~

The rest of the day had passed relatively quietly. Tsukishima heard the normal gossip about he and his friends, but that was nothing unusual. The only thing he cared about right now was waiting for Yamaguchi's freckled face to come out of the throng of students leaving the building.

"Boo!" A voice yelled from behind Tsukishima, startling absolute shit out of him. He turned quickly, getting ready to yell at someone, but when he saw who it was he bit his tongue, keeping any mean remarks from coming out.

The blond sighed. "Yamaguchi, was that really nessessary?" He asked, giving him a look of indifference. Yamaguchi giggled.

"Of course it was! Now, which way to your house?"

Tsukishima picked up his bags and started walking in the direction of his house, Yamaguchi trailing closely behind.

"Oh! And did you know it was the first animated film nominated for best picture at the oscars?" Yamaguchi said, turning his head to see Tsukishima's reaction. Tsukishima internally cursed himself for spacing out.

"I'm sorry, would you mind repeating that?"

"Sure! Beauty and the Beast was the first animated film nominated for best picture at the oscars! Isn't that cool!"

"Yeah, it is."

The walk to Tsukishima's house didn't last much longer, but Yamaguchi still continued to info-dump about Beauty and the Beast. Tsukishima figured that it must be his favorite Disney movie, and he tucked that knowledge away for later use.

Tsukishima unlocked the door to his house, letting Yamaguchi and himself inside. They both took off their shoes (his mother insisted they take them off to keep the carpet clean) and made their way to Tsukishima's room.

"Woah!!! Your desk is huge!" Yamaguchi exclaimed, rushing over to marvel over the peice of furniture.

"It's just a desk," Tsukishima muttered, baffled by how easily impressed the boy was.

"Yeah, but still! It's at least twice as large as mine!"

Yamaguchi pulled his backpack off him and set it down on the desk, pulling out his English notebook in the process.

"So, where do you want to start today?" The shorter boy asked, pulling his favorite pen out of his bag.

"The beginning, it's a very good place to start," Tsukishima replied, smiling to himself.

"You did not just make a Sound of Music reference."

"Oh, I did just make a Sound of Music reference."

~~~~~~~~

Haha I'm so tired and I've eaten two meals in the last 4 days. School sucks.

Have a nice day/night! [No takebacks]

~Daniel