Chapter 2

Chapter 2

All Rights Reserved

*Annabelle's POV*

How could I tell Louis that my father didn't die years ago in a car crash? He'll think I'm a liar. He's one of my closest friends and knowing I've lied to him all these years will crush him.

"There may have been a different story than the one I told you the day we met," I state trying to ignore the fact that I lied to him.

"Why didn't you tell me the truth? I mean, it can't be that bad, Annabelle," he states.

Now I know he thinks it's serious. He used my actual name. He usually calls me Annie.

"It's pretty bad. You don't really want to know and I'm not planning on telling you any time soon," I reply and Louis pulls over to the side of the road.

"Tell me how your dad died," he commands with a serious expression. "The truth."

"He died from alcohol," I reply taking a deep breath.

"When?" he asks.

"This morning," I respond and he becomes confused.

"How did your mom die?" he asks and I feel like crying. He knows exactly what he's doing and it's stupid.

"She was murdered," I reply and a tear finds a path down my left cheek, but I wipe it away quickly.

Louis is looking at me as I stare straight ahead through the window in front of me.

"Who killed her?" he asks seriously.

"My father," I simply reply only answering the questions he's asking and nothing more.

"When?" he asks and this is the question I don't want to answer, but I can't lie to Louis.

"On my fifth birthday," I reply and put my hands over my face. Kylee is in the back crying as well.

"You don't need to tell me anymore, Annie, if you don't want to," he states and turns the car back on. He continues driving towards his flat.

We pull up in his driveway and Kylee gets out quickly.

"Where is Eleanor?" Kylee asks eagerly as Louis and I get out of his car.

"She won't be here until New Year's Eve," Louis repsponds and Kylee looks upset. "I'm just kidding. She's inside, kiddo."

Kylee runs to the window and looks through it. Eleanor is inside and the flat cooking lunch for us. She spots Kylee then opens the door to let her in.

"Kylee!" she shouts with a happy tone and her arms stretched out for a hug.

"Eleanor!" she shouts equally as happy. They hug and Kylee goes inside.

Louis then walks up to Eleanor and hugs her. He then kisses her and I stand there awkwardly.

"Do you wish Harry was here to snog?" Louis asks sarcastically after he notices my awkward expression.

"Shut up," I respond and he laughs while I just frown in disapproval.

Louis and Eleanor walk inside. I follow and close the door behind me.

"Shouldn't you be with your family in Doncaster?" I ask with a confused expression. "The other lads are with their families."

"I'm not going this year," he exclaims.

"Not...going?" I ask with a bewildered look. "That doesn't make any sense."