Chapter 6

Chapter 6

All Rights Reserved

*Annabelle's POV*

For weeks, Liam hasn't been able to keep his distance from me. We'll be on sperate ends of the couch and he'll say it's too much of a distance. I would just laugh when he would scoot over and put his arm around me.

Today we're going bowling which is weird because I'm a terrible bowler.

"Liam, I am awful at bowling," I state as we go outside to his car.

"So?" he asks and I just laugh.

"Fine. I'll go, but only because you made me," I say and he laughs.

"You'll have fun," he states and we pile into his car. We drive a few miles down the road until we reach the bowling alley. We head inside and Liam pays for two games of bowling. We head to our lane and surprisingly, no one is going crazy over the fact that Liam Payne from One Direction is bowling at the same bowling alley they're bowling at.

"Do you want to go first?" he asks and I sit down across from him.

"Sure. Why not? I got nothing to lose," I respond sarcastically.

"Except points," he adds and I giggle.

"Yes, exactly," I agree and pick up a bowling ball from the rack. I attempt to hit some pins, but epically failed. I might as well have bowled it into the gutter.

"Well, now I know why you think you're bad at bowling. Your posture is all wrong," Liam exclaims walking over to me.

"Well, Mr. Know-it-all," I respond condescendingly. 

"Instead of letting go way up here, let go down towards your knees and try to aim for those arrows instead of the pins themselves. That will help. Other than that, I think you were ok. Just a little off with balancing and placing, that's all," he explains using hand motions next to me. I nod and concentrate on the arrows.

I toss the ball down the alley and knock down all the pins except two. "Like that?" I ask surprised at my sudden skill.

"Yes, exactly like that," he responds and bowls. He gets a spare.

"Well, when you go and get spares I look awkward," I say and he wraps his arms around me.

"Annie, I don't care if you're an expert bowler or not. I think you are the most wonderful girl in this whole world," he explains and I look away.

"Is that what you told Danielle?" I ask and he cups my face in his hands.

"Annie, I told you before. Danielle is the past. She isn't my girlfriend anymore. You are," he explains, but I wiggle out of his grip.

"No. Did you tell Danielle that?" I ask. "I want an answer."

"A few times, but why does that even matter?" he asks. "This isn't the past, Annie, this is now, and you're all I think about."

"Nothing, it's just that sometimes I feel as though Danielle is a better person than me and that maybe she is the one you still love and I get scared because I'm in love with you all over again and I just don't know I can survive the pain if Danielle is really the girl you love," I exclaim.

"Why would you think that?" he asks.

"Because the one time you hugged me a few days ago, you called me Dani," I state and he looks towards me with his brown eyes looking remorseful.

"Annie, why didn't you tell me?" he asks holding me closer to him.

"I didn't want to start anything and I guess I accidentally started something by bringing it up," I reply and he kisses my forehead.