Chapter 8

Chapter 8

All Rights Reserved

*Liam's POV*

As I'm driving away from Annie's house, I come across Louis walking down the sidewalk. I slow down a bit and park the car. I pull down the window and he looks my way.

"Louis?" I ask and he runs over to me.

"Liam! I'm so glad you're here! Could you drive me home? I don't feel like walking anymore," he asks for a favor and I smile.

"Sure. Get in the car," I demand and he obeys. He gets in the passenger seat and puts his seatbelt on. I begin heading towards his flat.

"So, how are things going with Annie?" he asks and I smile thinking about it. Annie is definitely something else. She understands me and loves me unconditionally.

"Perfect," I reply. That's the only word that comes to mind when I think about Annie and what we have. This is something real. 

"I would be careful, Liam," Louis adds very seriously and I become confused. I pull the car over and park it. I turn my attention to Louis to try and grasp what he said. Maybe I took it the wrong way? Well, I don't know. But, my undivided attention is his.

"What do you mean?" I manage to ask.

"Eleanor told me that Kylee told her that Annie is having some doubts about the whole relationship thing. I think Annie still thinks you love Danielle or that it might be weird. I don't know the details exactly, but I do know that Annie is having doubts. Doubts usually lead to breaking up and breaking up usually leads to-"

"Heartache," I finish his explanation and stare out the dashboard window. 

"I was going to see freedom, but that too," Louis states and I shake my head.

"Louis, she already gives me freedoms that I enjoy. She doesn't suffocate me like Danielle did, you know? She lets me do the things I like without any questions about it and I like that about her. I think it's one of her most attractive traits or qualities. Whatever you prefer to call them," I explain and get the car back on the road to begin heading to Louis's flat once again.

"I would just be careful if I were you," Louis adds and the rest of the ride is awkwardly silent. I feel like crying, but not in front of Louis. Definitely not in front of Louis.

We arrive at his flat and he gets out of the car. We don't say bye or anything. I'm a little upset right now. Maybe I just have to do more for Annie. Maybe I can show her how much I really love her. I need to give her some affection and attention and care that she shows me.

*Annabelle's POV*

"Kylee, this is getting extremely boring," I complain and she throws the remote over to me.

"Here. Take it. I'm going to bed anyway," she concludes the night and heads off to her room. I can hear her door close very silently and carefully.

"Spongebob?" Uncle Phil asks and I shake my head.

"Not tonight. I think I'll hit the sack as well," I respond and throw the remote to him. "Choose your channel wisely."

"I think we're all going to bed, actually," Uncle Phil claims and turns off the television. He places the remote back in the coffee table drawer where it belongs.

I walk down the hallway to my room. I slip through the door and set my cell phone on the table. All of a sudden, it starts ringing. It's Liam.

"Hello?" I ask through the phone acting like I have no idea who it is. 

"Annie! Do you want to go on a date tomorrow?" Liam asks and I just smile, not knowing what to do.

"Yes because the date today went so smoothly," I respond jokingly.

"Well, I just want to make sure you're happy and that our relationship is perfect without any flaws. I want both of us to be proud of this and I want both of us to feel confident about telling the world we're together. Isn't that what you want, too?" he asks and I sigh.

"Yes, of course, but I don't see how one date can change anything," I reply.

"Then, we'll go on lots of dates. I love you, Annie, I hope you know that," he responds and I chuckle.

"I love you, too. Pick me up tomorrow morning around 9 and surprise me on where we're going," I explain and I can just picture him smiling.

"Yes! Sure," he responds. "See you tomorrow, Annie."

"Goodnight, Liam," I reply and hang up the phone.

I sure hope tomorrow isn't a repeat of what happened today.

*Liam's POV*

After my phone call with Annie, I'm somewhat relieved. She said she loved me. She sort of implied that she doesn't have doubts. Wait, I didn't mean to ask that. Well, it's too late now. I just can't forget to ask her tomorrow. 

I know exactly where I'm taking her. There is a carnival in town and if she has any doubts about if I love her or not, this will make them go away. If I give her just that much more attention.

*The Next Day*

I wake up and it's 7am. That gives me time to get dressed and get ready to pick Annie up at 9. Gosh, I love her. There's no one else in this world like Annie.

I slip into jeans and a t-shirt and some sneakers. I know Annie. She doesn't really like dressing up and stuff. She dresses more casually so I should dress like that too. 

I think I'm way in over my head on this. But, I'll do anything to keep Annie. I don't want her drifting away from me.

I finally leave my flat around 8:30am since it takes about 20 minutes to get to her house. If I'm early, then she'll think I really care about her. 

I hop in my car and head to her house. It's now approximately 8:50. I knock on the door and it opens revealing Kylee.

"Liam! What are you doing here?" she asks. "Wait, that sounded rude."

"I know what you meant, Kylee. I'm here to pick Annie up for our date today," I respond and she smiles.

"Awesome," she mutters and I can't help but smile as well. She lets me in and I take a seat at their table right in front of the kitchen.

A few minutes later, Annie walks in wearing dark denim skinny jeans and a blue t-shirt from Nike. She has on the sneakers Zayn got her for her birthday.

"You look great," I compliment her and wrap her in my arms. "I love you," I add in a whisper.

"You look great as well and I also love you, too," she replies and takes my hand. "Let's go."

"Right," I state and guide her to my car. She gets in the passenger seat and looks very enthusiastic. What if Louis misunderstood Eleanor? Or what if he's making it up? It sure doesn't look like Annie has doubts about me. 

We finally arrive at the carnival and she smiles.

"Nice choice," she states and unbuckles her seatbelt to get out of the car. We get out at the same time. She walks around the car and takes my hand. We head to the carnival.

I certainly can't wait for this date.

Let's just hope Danielle isn't here.

*Annabelle's POV*

I love carnivals. There are so many rides and games that it's almost impossible not to have fun. And now that I'm with Liam, it couldn't get any better.

We walk in and I take a deep breath. This is going to be fun.