Chapter 3

Chapter 3

All Rights Reserved

*Annabelle's POV*

After Danielle gave me her present and told me she no longer had a boyfriend, she walked away without even turning around once. I felt bad for, no doubt. I also feel infuriated because no one told me.

I walk into Louis's apartment and stand there staring at the neatly wrapped present before me in my hands.

"Louis!" I shout and he runs over to me.

"Yes?" he asks innocently and I just stare at him.

"Danielle just gave me this," I state and he suddenly becomes scared.

"Did she tell you anything?" he asks timidly.

"Oh, yes. She told me something very interesting. She said that Liam and her are no longer together! When were you planning on telling me this?" I ask infuriated. 

"Liam wanted to tell you," Louis replies while holding his hands over his head in a frightened way.

"I am not going to hurt you," I state and walk past him towards the spare bedroom.

"I thought we were cleaning," he says and I just stop in the middle of the staircase.

"I will be down in a minute," I reply and continue walking up the stairs. I run into the bedroom and close the door behind me. I sit down on the bed and look at the present in my hands. I open it to reveal another photograph except this one is of Liam, her, Louis, Eleanor, Kylee, Zayn, Perrie, Harry, Niall, and me at Sea World in May. I smile that day.

I set the photograph aside and reach in my back pocket for my cell phone. I dial Liam's number and he picks up.

"Hello?" he asks and I sigh.

"Is there anything you need to tell me?" I ask straight to the point.

"What are you talking about, Annie?" Liam asks and I just hold back a tear. Liam and Danielle were meant to be together.

"Louis said you wanted to tell me something," I simply respond.

"Oh yeah. I wanted to tell you face to face, but I can tell you now. I broke up with Danielle," he responds and I become confused.

"You broke up with her? What were you thinking? She was the best thing that has ever happened to you, Liam," I reply and he just laughs.

"Maybe not," he responds and I become even more confused. "She didn't feel like the one."

"And it took you 2 years to realize this?" I ask and I can see him shrugging.

"I don't know. At first I thought I was so in love with her, but now I realize that my heart wasn't racing because of her," he exclaims and I shake my head.

"I don't even know what you're talking about," I state.

"It means I am in love with someone else," he replies and hangs up. I stare at my phone in disbelief. How can Liam be in love with someone else?

I set my phone down on the end table. I can't even believe this. Maybe he's lying to me and the reason they broke up is because Danielle doesn't like the hate. Or maybe they distance between them was too much for them to handle. He can't be in love with another girl.

My phone buzzes and it's a text from Liam.

The girl I am in love with I have known longer than Danielle.

I sigh and just set my phone back down. I don't want to get involved and I certainly don't want Danielle to be heartbroken. She probably is heartbroken. The worst part is that Liam didn't even sound upset about it. It's almost as if he didn't care that Danielle might be hurting. That's impossible, though. Liam is a caring person. How could he not care about Dani? That just isn't possible.

I walk out of the room and down the stairs. 

"You've been gone for almost a half an hour," Kylee states and I shake my head.

"That long?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yeah," Eleanor responds and I just hold my head which is suddenly hurting.

"My head hurts. I just need some sleep right now," I say and Louis looks up the stairs at me like El and Kylee.

"Ok, Annie. I hope you begin to feel better," Eleanor finally says to break the silence.

"Yeah, Annie, get better," Kylee adds.

"Don't worry, Annie, we'll handle the cleaning," Louis adds and I look at him with a smile. This is one of the first times Louis is actually cleaning and wants to clean. I'm proud.

I walk back to the spare bedroom and head inside. I plop down on the bed and close my eyes instantly. I begin to have a dream, but it's not a normal one. It's just voices.

You aren't strong enough to get through this.

You think you can make it.

You think you can resist.

You think Danielle was perfect for Liam.

You aren't pretty enough for him.

You are too plain and boring to have someone like you.

There is nothing you can do about this.

You know that it's impossible.

"No!" I shout as I wake up from all the voices bugging me and telling me stuff that I've heard people tell me all my life. Most of them from my own father.

I look over at the clock next to the photograph I set there earlier today. I was asleep for two hours, but it sure didn't feel like it.

I walk downstairs even though I still have the headache. It's completely clean. No clothes or food anywhere. I look in the living room where everyone is watching TV.

"Come sit," Eleanor suggests pointing at the empty seat next to her.

"I still don't feel well," I respond and Louis gets off the couch.

"You can sit here and we'll make you feel better," he states and I smile weakly. It feels like I am cold and that I can barely walk. I don't want to be awake. I want sleep so badly.

I lie down on the couch and close my eyes instantly. The dream doesn't come back, which makes me glad. I can now sleep a peaceful slumber.

**next day**

I wake up and Louis is asleep on the recliner next to the couch. He must of just fell asleep when he was trying to care for me. There is an ice pack on my head, but the pain is still there.

I just lie there quietly until someone will come around and give me some food. That's when the doorbell rings. I sigh and get up with all the strength I have.

I open the door and a mail man is standing there with flowers in his hand. 

"This is for Miss Annabelle Formers," he states and I smile.

"That's me," I reply trying to sound healthy and not sick.

"Someone gave you flowers, but they wish to stay anonymous," he explains and hands me the flowers.

"Thank you," I say and close the door. I grab the note on top of the flowers.

The note is typed which means I can't tell who wrote it.

Annabelle,

            The first time I laid eyes on you, I felt like nothing in this world was a mystery anymore. I feel as though you are the answers to all of my problems and I just want you to know I love you.

                                        -Secret Admirer

I smile at the note and place the flowers in a vase. I can't believe I have a secret admirer.