Chapter 5

Chapter 5

All Rights Reserved

*Annabelle's POV*

"No, Liam, come on. Danielle has been your girlfriend for 2 years now. Why did you just throw that away? It couldn't have been because of me. I mean, just think about this for a second. I mean, it makes no sense whatsoever," I exclaim and he takes my hand.

"Do you remember the night of my 17th birthday? We were just put together as a band not even a month and you guys threw me a surprise party," he explains and I just stare at him. "They played a slow song and told everyone to begin slow dancing."

I know exactly what he's talking about.

*Annabelle's POV* then

"Happy birthday, Liam," I said as I finally find the courage to talk to him.

Liam Payne. He was amazing. He would stand there and it was perfect. He was definitely a major crush of mine, no doubt. Everything he did was so amazing to me and I had no idea why. I would speak to him, and there would be butterflies in my stomach.

"Thanks, Annie," he replied. "Why don't you sit down with me?" He pats an empty seat next to him and I obey.

I didn't think I was the most attractive girl at that party. I still had my bruises and scars from when my dad would abuse me, the others thinking it was a car crash that left me hurt.

The DJ began playing a slow song and everyone got on the dance floor with whoever was their crush for the night. Most of the people there were drunk.

"Would you like to dance with me?" Liam asked holding out his hand for me to take.

"Gladly," I replied and he guided me to the dance floor. He put my hands on my waist. It stung, but I didn't show any pain. It wasn't like it hurt a whole lot. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and he pulled me closer to him.

"What was it like getting in a car crash that killed both your parents?" he asked and I felt embarrassed, but I needed to come up with something.

"Well, it was very sudden. I was just talking to Kylee when all of a sudden I felt like I was being thrown around and then I felt the impact. I passed out and woke up apparently a few weeks later in the hospital with Kylee in the bed next to me. We were bruised and we were informed that our parents died and that we would have to live with our uncle," I explained making up every word on the spot.

"Oh. That must have been awful," he responded and I nodded.

Even though I had to lie to him, I still felt amazing. I was dancing with the guy whose chocolate brown eyes made me smile when I first made eye contact with them. Nothing could be more amazing than this.

*Annabelle's POV* Now

"You didn't feel the same," I snap at him bitterly. "I finally got over you and I have no feelings for you whatsoever anymore. You had to choose Danielle over me."

"Now we're getting somewhere," he states and suddenly, something tugs at my heart when I look into his brown eyes. It's that feeling I got when I first met him. He's bringing back feelings I haven't felt in over a year.

"Just...no," I simply say and look away before anything too serious occurs.

"Annie, look me in the eyes and tell me you have no feelings for me anymore," he demands and I look into his eyes. I can't say it. I can't say anything without a reaction that I didn't want following.

"Then why did you choose Danielle when you could've had me?" I ask changing the subject to avoid anything I didn't want happen.

"I thought that my heart rate sped up because of her. But, then I realized that my heart rate increased whenever you were around. Whenever I was alone with her, it felt as though there was something missing and that I was missing somebody. I now know that I have been in love with you this whole time," he explains and I shake my head.