Chapter Three

We rode back to Wilmont mostly in silence. The radio was on, but I was barely listening to anything that was going on. We were getting close to home and I started giving him directions on which road to turn down and before long, we were parked in front of my house. I was suddenly panicking and just wanted to go back with Bo. There was a news van parked out front and I didn't want to deal with it, I think that Bo noticed my hesitation and slid over closer to me.

"You can still come back with me you know. We can call them and tell them that you are not coming back." He placed a hand over mine and gently squeezed it.

I looked down to my lap and then back up to the house. I saw the curtain move and my mom peaking out. As much as I hated it here, I missed my mom. "No, I need to go back to them. They are my family and I miss them. Thank you again Bo, I will never forget your kindness and generosity." I unbuckled and pulled him into a hug, I am not sure why, but it felt like the right thing to do. Bo gently ran his hand down the back of my head and I could feel his emotions. He was sad that I was leaving him.

"I will always remember you Frankie, please don't forget me." We pulled apart and I saw a tear cresting his eyes. This time it was me that got to wipe away his tear. Before I knew it, we were kissing and I didn't want it to end. His lips were soft and gentle yet hungry and needy at the same time. I pulled back, breathless and he had a grin on his lips. I wanted nothing more than to just kiss him again, but I knew that this was where we had to leave it.

"Goodbye Alberto, I will miss you." I said while pulling up my hood and opening the door.

"I will miss you as well. Fair thee well, Francesca." He slid himself back into his seat and buckled back up.

I paused for a moment trying to decide if I really wanted to leave him and then jumped out of the truck. As I ran across the lawn, the news anchor came running up behind me asking me to stop, I didn't though. When I got to the door I knocked, knowing that the bell did not work. It opened and my sister was about to yell something but then stopped and stared at me in shock.

"Fanny?" She asked with a questionable look on her face.

I walked in past her and saw that everyone was there. My dad, mom, my brother Bryce and even my Grandpa Tater was there waiting for me. "Hi, I'm sorry it took so long for me to get home." I looked out the window and saw that Bo's truck was gone and it felt like a little part of me was dead.

"Where the hell have you been, Fanny? Do you know what we have all been through the last few days?" My dad barked out at me. I cowered and the hood of my sweatshirt fell with my movements.

"What happened to your head, to your hair?" My mom asked as she approached me and tried putting a hand to my head. I backed away and blocked her hand.

I walked past them all and went to kneel down next to my Grandpa. "I'm sorry I worried you, I didn't mean to. I fell and some nice people found me. I was knocked out for a couple days and I have some bad cuts on my head that they stitched up, but they had to cut my hair to get to it. I am okay now and I would really like to just go to bed." My Grandpa brushed a hand to my shoulder and I leaned into him, giving him a hug.

"As long as you are alright, it's okay honey. Why don't you go on up and get some sleep. We will clean up everything with the officers and the media." He kissed my forehead and I got back up and tried to head upstairs.

I was stopped by my father again who grabbed onto by arm and pulled me back. "Please dad, I just want to go to bed. It's been a really long few days and I am tired."

"Who have you been whoring around with Fanny, what is his name?" I pulled my arm from his grasp and wanted nothing more than to tell him to go to hell.