Chapter Eight

Over the next two weeks, I spent most of my time in my room, watching TV, reading and sleeping. I felt like a new woman. My stomach was all healed and the doctor gave me a clean bill of health to be able to once again go about my normal life and activities. I looked over at the alarm clock on my night stand and it read that it was 2:38 in the morning. This would happen every few months. I would get insomnia and the last time, I went four days without sleeping. Instead of lying in the bed any longer, I decided to get up and find the library that Bo had told me about. He had not taken me on a full tour of the house yet because I was either sleeping or he was tending to his duties.

I have come to the realization that Bo was the head of this house. Whenever someone had a question or there was a 'situation' that arose, they would come to him. Seeing him in an authoritative role made him all that much sexier. Walking quietly through the house and down the stairs I tried to make my eyes see in the dark, which was downright impossible. The house was black as obsidian and somehow I managed to make it all the way down the stairs and to the main hallway in the back of house without making a sound.

Using my powers of deduction, I figured that it would be one of the first rooms, turning the door knob I found that it was locked. I moved onto the next and the same, locked. The third door however, was not.

"Third time's a charm." I whispered proudly to myself.

Feeling along the wall I found the light switch and when the lights came on, I saw that all walls were covered in book shelves from floor to ceiling. I thought that I must have died and gone to heaven. Running my fingers along the spines of the books that ranged from Charles Dickens to Edgar Allan Poe, I came across some newer books from Nora Roberts and Nicholas Sparks. "Quite eclectic."

I pulled one book out from Sparks, "The Notebook," I had seen the movie, but had not read the book, so I curled up on one of the soft leather overstuffed chairs and began reading it. Time slipped by and I was about halfway through the book when I felt someone's breath on my neck. I felt a heated shutter run through me and I pulled the blanket that I was wrapped in tighter up to my chin.

"Good morning beautiful." Bo whispered into my ear. I couldn't help but smile but when I turned to face him, I saw the anguish in his eyes. "You look like you haven't slept at all, have you?"

I put a slip of paper in the book and closed it, then set it on the coffee table. "I didn't sleep, I have insomnia. It hits me hard sometimes, so I just try and keep quiet so I don't disturb anyone else in the house."

"You could have come to me; I would have sat up with you instead of me sitting in my office all night, alone. I finally fell asleep with my face on the desk only to wake up in a pool of drool and the paper I was working on stuck to my face."

I looked a little closer and noticed that he had backward print on his cheek and it was a little red, this caused me to giggle. Shaking my head, I finally looked back up at him. "What time is it anyway?"

He came around to the front of my chair and I pulled the blanket back, inviting him to sit with me. I pushed myself up a little and he slid in behind me. "It's still early, only about 5:30 or so. Do you want to head upstairs and try to get some sleep?" Bo wrapped his arms around me and I cuddled up into his embrace.

"No, I'm pretty comfortable here." The need to sleep seeped into my bones and I felt my eyes get heavy.

"Goodnight little mate." I was confused by his words, but I was not going to question it. He was better than any sleeping pill or over the counter drugs that I had tried. Within minutes of him sitting with me, I was asleep, with a smile on my face.

I vaguely recall hearing someone talking to Bo about something having to do with borders and territories but it did not concern me, so I just went back to dreaming about him. I was not sure of how long I was asleep, but when I woke up, I was back in my bed and Bo was nowhere to be seen. Looking again at the clock, I saw that it was already after noon, 12:17 to be exact so I decided to jump into the shower and try to be helpful around the house. It bothered me that no one would let me help with anything when I was healing, so now that I was all mended, I was bound and determined to earn my keep.