Chapter Twenty-Four

***Alberto's POV***

"We had our tuxes found and ordered within 20 minutes." Simon said as we sat in the office waiting for dinner to be ready. "I don't understand how it can take five hours for them to each pick a dress and buy it." 

"A dress? You realize that if they're getting a dress, they're most likely getting shoes to go with the dress, and undergarments to go under that dress, and jewelry to match the dress. Shopping is an all day event for women. They'll come home when they're good and ready." I laughed at Simon's anxiety. "I know, it's not easy being away from your mate, but there are going to be times that you're going to have to be away from her. Learn to relax a little."

"Aren't you at least a little worried? Two days ago, they were in a fight that didn't turn out so well, and we were in a bigger fight here that turned out even worse. We took out every member of Yellow Rock that showed up here, but we didn't take out the ones that stayed behind. Their Alpha is still alive, which means they still have a pack, no matter how small or how weak. I wouldn't put it past them to hit us where it hurts. Right now, somewhere out there, is the Alpha's fiancee, and the Beta's mate, together. They're the perfect target."

"Call Nell, find out where they are. And then relax. That fucker isn't stupid enough to attack us again 48 hours after we massacred them. The only members they have left are the Alpha, the children, and the women that were unable to fight. He had all his fighters here. He sent his best team at us because he thought they could win. We still have a full team, it wouldn't make sense for him to come at us when he has no way of winning."

"But if he gets Frankie and Nell, he has won. Even if it gets him killed, he still wins."

"Get them back home." He nodded and dialed Nell's number. Right as he did, I heard a phone going off in the hallway. I started laughing when I heard Savage Garden singing "I knew I loved You".

Simon turned beat red and hung up the phone. "Looks like they made it home without us having to beg."

"Ladies, I need to speak with you." I beckoned them into my office. "You're both going to have protective detail until I know for sure that it's safe for you to be without it. You don't go anywhere without taking one of us with you, or one of the men that I approve. I need to be able to contact you at all times. Frankie, I got you a cell phone when I was out today, and I want you to have it charged and on you at all times. Nell, you stay within range to communicate with us, or you make sure you have your phone on you. I don't want another scare like we had the other night, or one that's even worse."

"Bo, aren't you being a little ridiculous?" Frankie asked. "Casey is in the hospital, his buddies are all on their way to lock up. They're not going to be stupid enough to come after me again." She reasoned.

"Can you just take my word for it and believe that there is a chance that you're not safe if you leave this property?" I begged.

"We are equals. That means that you don't keep secrets from me. If there is a threat, then you should tell me about it so I know the severity of the situation." She cocked a brow at me, and I bowed my head in defeat.

Simon and I explained the entire situation to both Frankie and Nell, and got them to agree to our terms of protection. Right as I was about to walk Frankie into the dining room, I saw someone at the door that made me cringe. "You go on ahead, I'll be with you shortly. Don't wait for me to start serving."

I waited for Frankie to be out of sight before I went to the door to speak with the person standing there. "Let's take a walk." I suggested as I looked behind me to make sure no one was watching.

"Alberto, I haven't seen you in several months. I was just coming to remind you that I still exist." The woman smiled, and it made me a little nauseous.