Chapter Nineteen

***Alberto's POV***

I had already finished the paperwork that I was working on, and reworked the patrol schedule to account for Simon being gone. Frankie must have been gone for about three hours, and I was getting anxious for her to come home. I called Nell's phone, being that I hadn't been smart enough to get Frankie one yet, but Nell didn't answer. "It's not the end of the world, they are probably in the changing room, or somewhere too loud to hear the phone." I told myself.

'Alpha! We have a problem!' Vance yelled out to me in our mind link.

'What's going on, V?' I immediately headed outside.

'West sector, sir. Thomas had an encounter with a rogue. I believe there are more.'

'ALL AVAILABLE FIGHTERS ARE TO GET OUT TO THE PERIMETERS!' I yelled out in the link to everyone. 'I WANT THE BORDER COMPLETELY GUARDED! VANCE, I AM ON MY WAY TO WEST SECTOR!'

Before I could head out, my phone began ringing. It was Zack. "Where are you, Z? We've got problems on the land, I need all the teens home, now!"

"We've got a problem at the mall, sir. Frankie and Nell are surrounded by about eight human guys. Nell has been communicating with me, she says the one guys name is Casey, and that the chick standing watch is Amelia." His words were rushed, and my heart sank. "Sir, they are standing in the mall parking lot. There's not much we can do, other than fight them with fists. There are only four of here, and I know we're stronger, but we need to know what you want us to do."

"Fuck, we've got visitors here. I can't send anyone else to help you. Who is with you?"

"I'm with Hayden, Ben, and Lauryn. Nell is the best fighter we have, but since she's surrounded, she's not ready to strike out eight to one." I could tell he was scared. This was the first time he's encountered any problems since his father was killed.

"Zack, listen to me. I need you to focus. There are five of you total. Don't count Nell out as a contender in this one. You all train hard to know how to take out a threat. This will be easier than taking out another wolf. The first thing you need to do is have Lauryn get behind Amelia and sneak attack on her. This will get Casey's attention away from Frankie for a split second, and then you move. You take down Casey while you have Hayden and Ben go after his friends. Once Casey is subdued, you help take out his friends." I instructed. "And Zack, you best bring your Luna home safe and sound. I'm counting on you."

"Yes, sir." The call was disconnected. I felt torn between rushing into town to protect the woman I was supposed to love and protect, and running out to where my fighters were facing off with rogues, to protect my entire Pack.

'Sir? I'm waiting for you out here. There's at least a dozen rogues. We need you, NOW!' Vance called out to me again.

'V, we've got problems in town, too. Our teens are about to square off with a bunch of thugs that are trying to hurt Nell and Frankie. I need to know where I'm needed most.'

'No disrespect, Alpha, but you need to get your ass out here now. A rogue attack isn't something to dismiss. We don't know how many more are coming at us.'

I didn't have time to sit and run through the options. I had to join my team of fighters and just hope like hell that Frankie was going to be safe. I knew she was probably scared out of her mind, and was more than likely wishing that I was there to save her. I was faced with a pretty big conundrum. Either disappoint the love of my life, or disappoint my entire Pack. I knew that the rogues would start killing my Pack members, where as Frankie wasn't in as much danger, because her fucked up family was out to hurt her, but they wouldn't kill her in a parking lot with a lot of people standing by.