Chapter Twenty-One

***Alberto's POV***

The Yellow Rock Pack rushed at us, right after I was told that Mitchel was on his way with some of his members. I knew that we would be able to hold our own for a little while, but I didn't know how long. I had a good feeling that Yellow Rock had a lot more men coming at us than we knew. It was going to be a long fight, and all I wanted to do was go home to check on Frankie. I hadn't heard anything from Oliver yet, and I no longer had a Pack member at the house with Frankie to tell me what was going on.

'ALPHA! WE'VE GOT A MAN DOWN!' Someone screamed. 'It's Vance.'

Vance had gone to the north border, where the threat was greater. I sent him up there right after I arrived to assist. 'Is he still alive?'

'Sir, I'm okay. My leg is shattered, and I'm bleeding. I just need some time to heal.' Vance called out to me.

'Get him to safety.' Before I could say anything else, I was ambushed. Four wolves jumped at me at the same time.

***Frankie's POV***

"Frankie, I need you to stay in the house with Nell and Melisa." Simon instructed. "Things are getting bad, and I have to get out there and help."

"Have you gotten through to Bo?" I asked softly. I was exhausted and missing my fiance.

I saw Nell and Simon share a look. A look that I didn't like. "Frankie, I don't want you to worry. Let Simon go help Bo, and I will stay here with you the whole time." Nell tried to console me, and took my hand in hers.

"Tell me, what's going on?"

"Luna, please try not to worry. The fight is getting pretty bad, but Alpha Pearson has arrived and I'm going to go straight to Bo to check on him. It's hard to communicate with him when he's in the middle of a battle. Let me go help him. I will bring him back to you." Simon's voice was caring, and I could tell he was afraid.

"Be safe." I told him as I reached my hand out for his.

"I will do my best, Luna." Simon squeezed my hand and walked away. Before he got two feet away from me, Nell was throwing herself at him.

Simon opened his arms and caught her, holding her tight and kissing her forehead. "Don't worry about me, Nelly. I'll come back. My time isn't over yet, I have a bigger fight than this one ahead of me, and you know I won't stop until I win."

"You've already won, Simon. You already have my heart. Please come back to me so we can make a go of this." Simon wiped a tear from Nell's eye. 

"I'll be back." He pressed his lips to hers, and then jogged out the door.

It was nearly 2:00 in the morning, and as tired as I was, I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep until Bo was home. Nell was lying on my bed with me, and we were eating ice cream and trying to watch a movie. She kept her line of communication open so that she would hear whatever was happening outside, but she wasn't sharing much of her information with me. Melisa was still in the house, and she was keeping an eye on Lauryn and the boys. Zack and Hayden both expressed that they wanted to go out and help, but Nell had reminded them that they were new shifters and they had not graduated their fighters training.

There were other people wandering around the house, but I was too worried to pay too much attention. Nell said that they were all Pack members who were either too young or too old to fight, or they had other reasons as to why they couldn't, like being a new mom, being pregnant, being ill. Any member that wasn't fighting, that didn't live at the Pack house, had been ordered to come there so we were all in one place.

I finally fell asleep around 7:00 am, and I knew I hadn't been sleeping long when I heard noises and voices from nearby. I opened my eyes to see Simon carrying Nell out of my bed. I starting looking for Bo, but I didn't see him. "Simon? Where's Bo?" I jumped off the bed and made my way towards him.