Chapter 1

My name is (Y/N) (L/N). And even though I only am a secretary, I am probably one who worked very close with Gabriel Kruger. I always admired him and his work, so it's an honor to work for him.

After a long day of work I finally went home and immediately let myself fall onto my bed. I was about to get ready for bed when I looked at the time.

"This late? They should be there any minute!" I thought while changing into more comfortable clothing. Then I laid myself back on my bed to watch them. And there they were. The runners. I loved watching them, since parkour was one of my hobbies. Now I do it rarely because of my job but I still do it.

I watched them do wallruns, jump across those large gaps and all the other stuff you do to train. This went on for like an hour until they retreated to their hideout. After a couple of minutes I went straight to bed, still thinking about those people living off the grid. I wonder how it would be to live like that.

After some more thinking my eyelids became heavy, signaling that I should sleep instead of thinking. So I turned off all the lights and tried to sleep.

[Skip to work]

Typing, paperwork, more typing, more paperwork. Yes it's kinda boring, but I'll manage. That's when someone came up to me and asked for some documents.

"Yeah I'll get them. Please wait here."
I said before walking up to the room with the neatly stacked documents. I searched for a while when I heard it. Someone's here. Someone who shouldn't be here. The room was very big with a lot of shelves around. It's like a little labyrinth.

Stupid enough I looked around to find the unknown person. I tried my best to not make any sounds, even though I was on edge the whole time. I was just about to turn a corner when someone grabbed me from behind, covering my mouth so I won't be able to scream.